Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Predictable - England Team is Up  (Read 1567 times)

hopwood

Predictable - England Team is Up
« on: February 11, 2021, 11:08:25 AM »
I could have predicted this.

England team to face Italy

England: Daly; Watson, Slade, Farrell (capt), May; Ford, Youngs; M Vunipola, Cowan-Dickie, Sinckler, Itoje, Hill, Lawes, Curry, B Vunipola.

Replacements: George, Genge, Stuart, Ewels, Earl, Willis, Robson, Malins.

In other words...let's do roughly the same again....and not use the Italy game to trial some exciting young talent.

hopwood

Re: Predictable - England Team is Up
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 11:09:03 AM »
Mako Vunipola, Kyle Sinckler, Courtney Lawes and George Ford will all return to England's starting XV for Saturday's Six Nations match against Italy.

Captain Owen Farrell switches to inside centre to make way for Ford, with Ollie Lawrence dropped from the matchday 23.

There is also a start for Luke Cowan-Dickie at hooker, with Jamie George on the bench.

"As always, we've picked what we think is our strongest 23 to try to win the game," said head coach Eddie Jones.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 11:20:37 AM »
Predictable is exactly right, more flankers (although happy it’s Jack Willis) to bosh it up so we don’t need to use the centres, an extra kicker in case the right boots of Farrell and Youngs ever need a break, couple of fast guys on the wings to chase it up, Slade will just have to stand around looking good in the middle and we’ll win by 35 through scrum penalties and rolling mauls papering over all the cracks!!!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 11:22:43 AM »
Yet again Paolo unused. Meanwhile Malakai regains his place. The lad will be a bench prospect at best when he comes back.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 11:28:46 AM »
Young talent could be used, but if they are told to stick to the game plan and not use initiative ( at times)
What’s the point?

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 11:48:49 AM »
I shan't be bothering to watch that. I reckon a visit to the dentist would be a better use of my time.
PS Come on Italy.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 12:23:49 PM »
Yet again Paolo unused. Meanwhile Malakai regains his place. The lad will be a bench prospect at best when he comes back.

Dunno, think we could see Malakai at 12 and Paolo at 13. Or to be honest, if Malakai doesn't up his game then Paolo comes back in

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 12:36:47 PM »

Dunno, think we could see Malakai at 12 and Paolo at 13. Or to be honest, if Malakai doesn't up his game then Paolo comes back in

Malakai is barely two games back from two major operations and thrown back into the team. Unless there is something majorly wrong he will get back to his best. Let's face it with Paolo gone until the end of March he has plenty game time available. No chance he will walk back into the place Eddie ripped him from.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 12:48:28 PM »
Predictable indeed. Might watch just to see if Dan and Jack get on but it will just be a contest of dull versus not good enough.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 12:51:16 PM »
I shan't be bothering to watch that. I reckon a visit to the dentist would be a better use of my time.
PS Come on Italy.

Much as I like watching internationals I don't go out of my way to watch the Italy games, but as we're still under house arrest still I'll probably have it on.

AndyL

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
if Paolo doesn't get on at all during the 6Ns do we still need to give me the mandatory break afterwards?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 01:01:45 PM »
if Paolo doesn't get on at all during the 6Ns do we still need to give me the mandatory break afterwards?

I think so.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 01:09:24 PM »
Interesting article by Sir Woodward yesterday about missed selection opportunities:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-9246835/amp/SIR-CLIVE-WODWARD-Eddie-Jones-not-afraid-drop-big-names.html

I give credit to Blackett for embracing that ethos.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 01:35:58 PM »

I think so.

I doubt it. If he has not played any rugby for that many weeks, he will probaly be chomping at the bit to get back on the pitch. Diiferent for the likes of Faz and co who will have played for the best psrt of 400 mins.