Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 6022 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: February 14, 2021, 07:54:18 AM »
Lee apparently looking for a second row and a blindside flanker. No names.

Normal review of upcoming game with an interview with Josh nothing unexpected but backs Jacob to rebound.

BT fuming with PRL over relegation. Quoted as saying PRL didn't mention it in negotiations. May run with one season but no more.

They like Dai so much they have the same article twice on different pages.

Article titled "Jack's shriek of pain" - self explanatory.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 08:17:22 AM »
Thanks. Does it clarify whether the quest for a six is short term? Id be surprised if it isn't as we are well stocked there with Willis and Shields. Second row is interesting. Looks like we have Stooke incoming - wonder if it's in addition to him?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 08:20:31 AM »
Thanks. Does it clarify whether the quest for a six is short term? Id be surprised if it isn't as we are well stocked there with Willis and Shields. Second row is interesting. Looks like we have Stooke incoming - wonder if it's in addition to him?

You can never be sure but it looks longer term signings looked for.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 09:11:31 AM »
Weird that we're still "looking", we started looking in November!

But it's interesting we're after a flanker. With our depth I can't imagine it'll be anyone famous with all due respect. But lock... Either the above or Stooke has really ruined his chances with us? Speculation.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2021, 10:38:32 AM »
6 is a strange one with us already having lots of options plus the likes of Curran coming through.
Wonder if Stooke is still on his way considering the trouble he’s got in this week and his pending court date - I’d like to think we’d stick by him on this.
If Theo and Lasha stay I think we’re ok there with Stooke.

Still the main one for me is Brookes - need our starting TH option sorted for next season and get Bassett signed up too

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2021, 07:18:17 AM »
Yesterday underlined again how important a scrummaging tight head really is. We need a more like-for-like replacement for Brookes than we either currently have or have been mooted to be in for - if he is leaving of course.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2021, 07:53:02 AM »
Yesterday underlined again how important a scrummaging tight head really is. We need a more like-for-like replacement for Brookes than we either currently have or have been mooted to be in for - if he is leaving of course.

How stable was the scrum platform in the first half?
There were numerous scrums where we were completely outpowered and driven backwards.

Credit to our starting forwards as they seemed to sort it out for a while.
At times I felt that we managed to hold our own at scrum time in the first half, but it felt like we were always under pressure.

JTA certainly gave some penalties away, but we changed our hooker at basically the same time too, at which point Worcester had a completely fresh front row and a fresh lock in the pitch.

That's a lot of variables, so I haven't written off JTA's scrummaging just yet

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2021, 09:22:14 AM »
Somebody on TV said yesterday that Jeff hasn't played matches on plastic - maybe a couple.  Also remember recently he played the whole 80 minutes against Sale (I think) and played out of his socks.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2021, 09:32:34 AM »
Somebody on TV said yesterday that Jeff hasn't played matches on plastic - maybe a couple.  Also remember recently he played the whole 80 minutes against Sale (I think) and played out of his socks.

Exactly. He's been playing well recently, let's not use this performance to invalidate all that. But I still agree we need depth when Brookes leaves.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2021, 10:10:02 AM »
JTA just had an off day. Him and Shields i believe both haven't really played on artificial before. Shields i thought yesterday was excellent and really stood up for us. Great shout from him to ove turn penalty to scrum after telling ref early engagement is a scrum not a penalty. Really might have won us the game.

It will be interesting to see who we are after. If we bring in Stookes then we will be happily balanced in my opinion but a stalwart of them prem wouldn't go a miss as always help when launch is away. Stookes i feel will come even with whats going on as we all make mistakes and i really feel he could develop as a starter here.

flanker? no idea? again maybe some in the prem? i wouldn't mind trying to convince Ludlow to come to Wasps as i think he's a cracking player. Maybe the likes of Hinkley (Exeter) or Clement (Glaws), young talent?

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2021, 11:14:15 AM »
Although JTA gave away two scrum penalties he was a real livewire in the loose who does far more around the pitch than Brookes and remember he did win a scrum penalty near the end on our 5m line.

Sting

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2021, 11:19:47 AM »
Will3. "We all make mistakes"
Drink drivers kill, maim and seriously injure people and ruin lives in the process. Stooke appears to have had a car accident whilst driving over the alcohol limit. Thank goodness that he, his passenger and no innocent party were seriously harmed.
There are those who, unfortunately, feel that they can still have a few drinks and drive safely. This fallacy has not hit home to those who still drive after drinking. There are lots of excuses used by these people to allow themselves to forgive their lack of judgment. Just a "mistake" is one of them.
It is not just a mistake it is poor judgement, poor choice and lack of regard for others. Irresponsible. As a club we have long, proud history. A good 'family' reputation and a strong brand.. Stooke may well be a valuable and much needed addition to our club but he will need raise his personal standards.

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2021, 01:36:23 PM »
Will3. "We all make mistakes"
Drink drivers kill, maim and seriously injure people and ruin lives in the process. Stooke appears to have had a car accident whilst driving over the alcohol limit. Thank goodness that he, his passenger and no innocent party were seriously harmed.
There are those who, unfortunately, feel that they can still have a few drinks and drive safely. This fallacy has not hit home to those who still drive after drinking. There are lots of excuses used by these people to allow themselves to forgive their lack of judgment. Just a "mistake" is one of them.
It is not just a mistake it is poor judgement, poor choice and lack of regard for others. Irresponsible. As a club we have long, proud history. A good 'family' reputation and a strong brand.. Stooke may well be a valuable and much needed addition to our club but he will need raise his personal standards.

I am in no way undermining what he has done, it's an idiotic thing to do and he should suffer the consequence of such an action but people do make mistakes and learn from them. The term 'mistake' was a loosely used word.

is that it is a terrible thing to do and he will have to learn that it's completely unacceptable and how lucky he was that no one was involved.

However, we are a club of second chances, i mean we gave Andy Powell  a second chance after his golf buggy incident and his 15 month driving ban.

You are right, he will have to raise his standards to meet that of the club/

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 02:33:23 PM »
Did we not re-sign fiver after or during his DD case?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 02:37:11 PM »
Did we not re-sign fiver after or during his DD case?

Yep we did.