Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rose  (Read 2808 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rose
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »
So Rose argued with the ref to penalise Hughes when he's already said it wasn't foul play.

If a player argues with the ref they get sent off. Why is the fraudster allowed to do it?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Rose
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 05:58:00 PM »
Rose is either blind or malicious to allow Roko's try. There were two clear knock ons by Cooke in the ruck leading up to it. I could see them (and I only have one eye) on the replays.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:26:03 PM »
We certainly didn't deserve to win that, but even with that the level of officiating was terrible.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 07:03:37 PM »
I'm not sure there were 2 knock ons by Cook. The first one had a bad camera angle and I think it might have gone backwards.

I do however think the 2nd one was forward

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 07:32:21 PM »
I don't like to post so shortly after I get back home from a game, but both sides were not so good. It was not a game that evokes any joy at having seen an exciting game. The refereeing was no worse than than seen with recent games, that is to say, all these referees have been consistent. Consistently bad. I have said it before, and it will be said in the future, for the Premiership (and the Pro 14 at least), the standard of refereeing does not match the professionalism of the clubs.

That being said, it was not the reason we didn't win. We didn't win because there was little spark in attack. Not enough to get past the that defense that Bath put in place. We did the same to Bath. We simply made more mistakes. We should not be, but we did. And we have done so in every game this season.

Many individuals had a good game today in the Wasps team.  The scrum played very well, but lineouts were very disappointing. Not surprising considering the injuries in the second row. We got good ball. Simpson used it well. He was much faster today. Very little issue with any of the kicking. Our defense was good. A few of their kicks saw our backs giving them the ball back. Our team, such as it was, was simply not good enough.

Do we have yet more on the injury list now? Both Nathan and PDJ did not look good, and Miller was limping for a bit before he went off.

Macken was good and solid. He's a keeper as a starter for as long as we don't have Jimmy at 12. JdJ did quite well when he came on.

Not a lot else to say. With this team, how will we get on against Sarries, Ulster and Quins? Not well would be my guess. Bottom 3 by the end of next weekend? Could easily be so, sadly.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:38:05 PM »
Sadly I'm in full agreement with NWW and don't even start me on the crowd. £11K down on last year. What on earth is going on?
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 07:25:17 AM »
I think crowd comparisons should take account of the date. The Christmas eve Bath game last year was the sort of fixture that many occasional attendees would have been tempted by. Quite a few friends that don't attend regularly have asked me about Christmas and New Year fixtures.