Always a Wasp

Author Topic: England team to face Wales  (Read 2379 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: England team to face Wales
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2021, 08:23:26 AM »
Uninspiring stuff. As others have said George, B Vunipola are past their best. Farrell isn't a 12 and Daly gives us nothing at 15.

I don't know that George is past his best, but as with all Saracens players, he has no current form to speak of, and playing internationals is often not the way to get into form.

I don't know what Owen Farrell is, but I'd rather him at 12 than at 10.
I feel that most of his better games have come when he's at inside centre, and I'd accept some of his weaknesses if we had attacking players all around him...... But we typically don't, and if we do, we kick from 9

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 08:35:51 AM »
To be honest I thought George's best England games were off the bench for Hartley. Cowan-Dickie is quite a way ahead of him now for me as is Tom Dunn.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2021, 09:35:13 AM »
To be honest I thought George's best England games were off the bench for Hartley. Cowan-Dickie is quite a way ahead of him now for me as is Tom Dunn.

Very +1
Let me tell you something cucumber

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2021, 09:54:24 AM »

It may well be the case that the others have overtaken him... And I wouldn't have George playing for England at the moment given he has no form to base his selection on.

The real problem is that it's so difficult to know whether any other hookers are better at international level if they're not getting a run of games from the start, and aren't getting the chance to play in those high intensity games.

It's basically a shambles

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »
Totally agree - and it is a big step up. The frustrating thing is we've had lots of chances to test other people in different positions in less important games and not done so.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2021, 10:34:15 AM »
I thought Cowan-Dickie was well on his way to being Man of the Match against Italy but he got subbed off so early. The guy who picked the MoM said as much too. There was a hope he was being subbed to keep him fresh for a start against Wales but, hey-ho, back to the underperforming Saracens players.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2021, 11:02:53 AM »
Totally agree - and it is a big step up. The frustrating thing is we've had lots of chances to test other people in different positions in less important games and not done so.

This. We have a team in an important game tomorrow, with a core of Sarries players at 1,2,4,8,12 and 15 none of whom have any form/play and we really do not know who our next best starters are for those positions nor 9.

And we have a teenager on the bench who has not started more than 3 games in the prem.....

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2021, 11:34:37 AM »
And Paolo is not even collecting splinters on the bench. Eddie ain't gonna pick him now. We are desperate for players. Send him back to Wasps PDQ.