Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Indiscipline  (Read 1027 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Indiscipline
« on: February 27, 2021, 07:05:01 PM »
Many things are costing us at the moment but by far our most serious issue is indiscipline. I can accept skill levels, confidence and fitness not being there but infringing just doesn't need to happen. I wonder what the coaches are saying to the players in the week? Surely this must be a massively prevalent topic of conversation. Even one of the games we won Blackett highlighted that he's never won a game conceding that many penalties. I don't understand why we keep repeating it. Gaskell is by far the worst offender and must be close to being dropped for it. JTA has conceded the most scrum penalties in the league. But everyone is doing it and we're basically ruling ourselves out of game after game.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Indiscipline
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 07:10:56 PM »
Giving away a penalty is often the consequence of not defending properly.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 07:51:32 PM »
Gaskell always seems to give a cynical smile, and occasional backchat, after every ping, he gets on the wrong side of refs early and that sets a theme...JTA is clumsy and is an easy target for refs. I concur with every previous comments that our penalty count is costing us, easily fixed but game after game we get the same theme.

Lee has to get on top of this.
It was fine when I left it.....

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 09:37:29 PM »
many of the penalties that we concede are just brainless play.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2021, 10:17:01 PM »
Agreed, it is the major source of our undoing currently. A collective bed shitting