Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rumours about Wadey  (Read 1999 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Rumours about Wadey
« on: October 07, 2017, 07:41:50 PM »
Any thoughts on these?

I met him and his dad at the Sale game and they both seemed very happy and settled.  He seemed genuinely pleased to meet my kids and sign some gear for them, and his dad seemed like he was close friends with the club staff I was being looked after by.  So I'd be surprised if he went.

That being said whilst I'd be sad, because I think he is amazing, I wouldn't blame him for a second if he left.  The way he has been constantly denied the opportunity to show he can do what he does better than anyone else on the biggest stage is criminal.  And if he can make some good money moving to France where he has no need to prove himself other than by playing the way he usually does then I'd be happy for him.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours about Wadey
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 08:04:53 PM »
Hard to tell. Rumours are just that, not the truth (but maybe you can add a 'yet' to that).

I suspect Dai is having to hard nose negotiations this year, and maybe quite a few players have contracts due. Some have signed already, like Jimmy Gopperth. Some have not, maybe Wadey is one. So, you have to know that Dai wants to keep him, and will have made as good an offer as he can. Wadey has clearly not accepted it, otherwise we would have heard weeks ago.

The thing is, his agent may be telling him he can get more. But that is not true. Dai has made his best offer, and knows Wade does not want to accept it. I can't blame him wanting more money, because that must be the reason he hasn't signed yet. Could be that these rumours are coming from his agent.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours about Wadey
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 08:26:59 PM »
It says a lot about the premiership.

If you're English, very good and you're not in contention for the national side, why play in the premiership?