Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ryan Mills - Instagram  (Read 5532 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Mills - Instagram
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2021, 05:45:44 PM »
Are there insurances to cover injured players wages?

I think so - there used to be anyway.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2021, 05:48:34 PM »
:)But it is a VERY good day to have as your birthday.               Welcome Baby Mills

I think we can both agree on that, hehe.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2021, 05:50:07 PM »

Must be for a limited time ? Think it came up with Sam Jones when it seemed to run out because it was an England training issue but club continued to pay him half pay

MarleyWasp

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2021, 06:03:45 PM »
I feel for him, however...

We need to make 12 a priority signing now, Jimmy is probably in his last full season, Spink has disappeared off the face of the earth, MLB is okay but not a first pick. Given Mills' fragility, not just with us but also previously with Warriors then Lee will have to give this some thought if he hasn't already, and he won't be match fit until late Autumn even if physically fit.

Ollie Devoto anyone?!?!?!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2021, 06:07:03 PM »

Must be for a limited time ? Think it came up with Sam Jones when it seemed to run out because it was an England training issue but club continued to pay him half pay

Correct but Sam was a long time out before ending. Unfortunately- still miss him.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2021, 06:07:36 PM »

We need to make 12 a priority signing now, Jimmy is probably in his last full season, Spink has disappeared off the face of the earth, MLB is okay but not a first pick. Given Mills' fragility, not just with us but also previously with Warriors then Lee will have to give this some thought if he hasn't already, and he won't be match fit until late Autumn even if physically fit.

Yes please a solid player.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2021, 06:31:47 PM »

We were linked to him whilst he was at Bath - in fact the wife of a former work mate, who worked in the Bath Rugby back office, was convinced we had signed him before he signed for Exeter.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2021, 06:36:07 PM »

We were linked to him whilst he was at Bath - in fact the wife of a former work mate, who worked in the Bath Rugby back office, was convinced we had signed him before he signed for Exeter.

Would love it to happen, but Baxter and this forum addressed he's not a free agent at the end of the season.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2021, 09:39:34 PM »
My fav "under rated 12" is Sam Hill, now at Sale

Part of some successful England U 20's teams and was in the main squad briefly in 2016. Been unlucky with injury (timing rather than incidence) having played 147 games at Exeter

The sort of pragmatic 12 that would work in most teams. But would need a 15 that doubles as a second 5/8th - NZ style. Same sort of NZ 12 too - solid.....

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2021, 09:42:59 PM »
The indestructible Saffer 12 is something worth considering. It is working pretty well for Quins.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2021, 10:47:31 PM »
With current financial constraints I feel this will have to be solved "in house". Combination of Le Bourgeois, Gopperth and more time for Spink or even Simonds. Less desirable option would be Fekitoa to 12 with Odogwu 13. Completely left field - Atkinson? Likes a tackle, takes contact well, good step, natural distributor?

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2021, 11:01:52 PM »
With current financial constraints I feel this will have to be solved "in house". Combination of Le Bourgeois, Gopperth and more time for Spink or even Simonds. Less desirable option would be Fekitoa to 12 with Odogwu 13. Completely left field - Atkinson? Likes a tackle, takes contact well, good step, natural distributor?

What about JdJ? He seems to have dropped out of favour this season but he’s back from injury. Quite under-rated in my opinion.

I agree with the Spink option. He shares that same energy as other youngsters and just needs more game time (and fewer injuries). He carries well, doesn’t shy away from big tackles and has very decent pace.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 06:12:50 AM »

These are good suggestions

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 07:46:18 AM »
I must admit, I too, was thinking about Malakai at 12 with Paolo at 13. Does anybody know if Malakai played much at 12?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 08:41:18 AM »
The indestructible Saffer 12 is something worth considering. It is working pretty well for Quins.

Normally yes, but it hasn't worked too well for Sale with van Rensburg.