Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'Loved' - Dan Robson's fly-half credentials and Will Rowlands' 'yo-yo' experienc  (Read 1317 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Wasps have their internationals back in contention ahead of the visit of Sale Sharks to the Ricoh Arena on Saturday

Report by Bobby Bridge:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/dan-robson-will-rowlands-rugby-20241752

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
For me Robson goes straight in and Rowlands stays in. I'd bench Odogwu in place of Minozzi. Assuming no new injuries the only other decision from the Falcons game is at 10. I'd go with Gopperth. We've then got to hope Brookes or JTA are fit to go alongside Owlett at TH.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Keep Jimmy at 10 for sure.

I'd either shift Malakai to 12 and bring Paolo in at 13 so he can get his hands on the ball early and often, or I'd straight swap them. Rowlands has looked better and better, so keep him in.

I'd be tempted to keep Alfie on the bench and keep Sione at 8. Sale are a big, physical team, and there's no need throwing Alfie in for the sake of it.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who thinks a player who hasn't played since January should at best be on the bench.

In all the hype about Paolo lets not forget he has been a winger most of his professional life (and not one reaching stellar heights - apart from his excellent drop kick) and only played a handfull of matches at 13. Yes he was spectacular in some of his play but 3 months layoff may make him extra keen (it is Sale and the drop kick was good) but is he full match fit.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Am I the only one who thinks a player who hasn't played since January should at best be on the bench.

In all the hype about Paolo lets not forget he has been a winger most of his professional life (and not one reaching stellar heights - apart from his excellent drop kick) and only played a handfull of matches at 13. Yes he was spectacular in some of his play but 3 months layoff may make him extra keen (it is Sale and the drop kick was good) but is he full match fit.

Well according to Mental Eddie, he's a better player now than when he left us ::) ::) ::)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

Well according to Mental Eddie, he's a better player now than when he left us ::) ::) ::)

Rightyho lets put him in at prop.  :) :) :)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile

He's got the build for it (when I was playing).
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

He's got the build for it (when I was playing).

Yup - he would have been an abnormal with his thigh size when I played. Loved to have seen him at the Melrose Sevens though.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

He'll have to play himself back to full match fitness with Wasps over the course of the next few games.

The luxury of playing yourself back to fitness while representing England is reserved for one special club only.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
On the flip side, he's going to be absolutely chomping at the bit to get out on the paddock and take some hits and carries in anger. And it's not like he'd be shifting someone out that is absolutely on fire

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Agree with Odogwu to bench. There isn't a case for him replacing Fekitoa, Bassett or Kibirige.