Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Team's up  (Read 2776 times)

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Team's up
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 03:29:03 PM »
I know Rob Miller has played well, was a bit quieter last week although still solid. I do however tbink we’re being a little harsh on Minozzi here.
Remember he is trying to play himself back into regular game time and there were some mentions of some mental health concerns. He was electric at the end of last season and as the weather gets better I’m sure he’ll be finding that form again

hopwood

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »
I know Rob Miller has played well, was a bit quieter last week although still solid. I do however tbink we’re being a little harsh on Minozzi here.
Remember he is trying to play himself back into regular game time and there were some mentions of some mental health concerns. He was electric at the end of last season and as the weather gets better I’m sure he’ll be finding that form again

It's all subjective...but I rate Minozzi and would always play him over Miller.
In my opinion...whilst Miller is solid and stable....he doesn't have the footwork to further enhance the Wasps way of playing a quick, fast counterattacking game.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »

Minozzi is just out of form at the moment. He's obviously a much faster and more exciting player, but he's been a bit quieter recently. Miller is good old reliable and a nice alternative until Minozzi gets back to his best.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2021, 04:12:56 PM »
Nice to be able to choose from a few, rather than last man standing, and some decent strength to come off the bench for the first time in a while too.

My thoughts too. Good that we can rest Tom Willis who has played himself into the ground this calendar year, and to have the "wise heads" on the pitch. Expecting a good game from Robson - probably gagging to start a game - and a 20 minute cameo from Paulo would be fun

Great to see Alfie starting again  in the back row. Still think he looks such a prospect there - I'd be having a chat about preferred positions. But already a hybrid player. Great and quality backrow and some front row muscle to get up into the game.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2021, 06:27:53 PM »

At the moment, I'd pick Rob Miller at 15 every time.

I feel that Minozzi is a better broken field runner, and is likely a bit quicker than Miller (who is no slouch).

However, I believe that Miller is a better defender and better under both the high ball and attacking the ball.
But crucially, he is excellent at running a good line, at pace and overloading the opposition.

Given how much we're struggling at the moment, I'd much rather have the better defender, and the better option at attacking high balls.

If we get back to a position where we're defending better in general, then I'd probably choose Minozzi as he's probably the better counter attacker.

As an aside, I'd also consider Minozzi ahead of Kibirige on the wing.
I'm not a huge fan of Kibirige, and then Minozzi/Miller could rotate at full back if one is counter attacking

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2021, 08:56:23 PM »
Minozzi will come good, we have seen glimpses, the full package will be impressive. It has to be hard on him given the current situation. He has opted to not play for Italy, which must be stressful in itself.
Miller has always been good for us when asked, I am glad to have both on the books. 

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2021, 09:09:07 PM »
Plus 1

MarleyWasp

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2021, 06:08:37 PM »
If nothing else, leaving out Ross will halve their penalty count...

This is aging very badly for Sale so far this half.