Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 997 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: March 27, 2021, 07:02:21 AM »
Morning everyone

Lovely morning here - total blue sky, still and chilly. Walking through the countryside with dog and getting warmer.

Today I have a little hope that we can build on last week. Looking forward to a positive performance from the boys and the sofa is back against the wall!

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 07:08:06 AM »
Morning Neils and all Waspies from a beautifully sunny day in Guildford. My Welsh in-laws have been enjoying their six nations triumph while once more proving to me their obsession with anything that has not been as successful for us of the red rose persuasion. Although joyful banter being what it is I have reminded them to come back to me after they have won 13 on the bounce against the Southern Hemisphere, when we have lost to Italy, been eliminated from a World Cup by Fiji Or have a Webb Ellis cup in the trophy cabinet .surprisingly no response As yet from that one!  ;D But now being a Saturday I have the pleasure of coffee brewing, dog walking and tea sorting before settling down to watch our boys take on Sale at the Ricoh.

I was mulling over last nights game whilst chewing on a slice of pizza. Sharks are looking very good this year, and are a good shout for the top six. They play a powerful game, yet link it well with their backs to get the results they need. Yes they have rested a couple of key players, but they still enter into this game as favourites to win, and possibly win well. Having Robson, Paulo & Launchers back as well as Alfie is a boon for us. Boom in the centres is playing better, however last week has shown he does not keep defenders guessing as he either passes before the contact or makes it very clear he is looking for it. Couple this with his lines of running, awareness of the opposition from the cross field kick against Falcons and it is a concern. This is not a case of unfairly targeting a player, more a assessment that he is a good and fine player, but he is not developing into one that can push a team towards silverware. Whilst we have fine players such as he we will pose a threat, but ultimately struggle to challenge at the very top, and we have to find a squad of players, not just the starting XIII, to reach those levels. And I think my comments on Booj reflects my thoughts for today, we will have a good crack, but We are starting to turn the tide of momentum and just starting to look upwards once more towards top 6, whereas Sale are looking for titles.

I will cheer all our lads on it black and gold, and hope for the win, that is a non negotiable because I love our club., but it may be a Sale Sharks kind of victory today.

Come on you Wasps!  :D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 07:22:59 AM »
Morning all.

I am moderately optimistic about this one. In reality though it could so easily be another loss to add to the disappointingly long list.

As long as we keep the penalty count down I'll be happy.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 07:57:06 AM »
Morning all.

Cracking morning here in S Bucks. A tad chiily but looking forward to the sub tropical expectations for the early part of next week!

If we can play on the front foot, we can win this game. The A team are back. Let's go hunting Sharks.

#COYW.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 08:46:27 AM »
Morning all. As with all of you so far, a beautiful, crisp sunny start to the day. A later than normal kick off gives me time today to clear the garage out ready to level the floor, before I convert the garage in to a workshop.

I have been going round the house doing a mega lockdown spring clean of the millennium, taking stuff up the tip, recycling, upcycling. A total of 100-200 cu yds of stuff gone (amazing what we horded, plus surplus stock left over from a business I closed at the start of Covid). Cleared out 2 big sheds completely so what is left in the garage can go in there. Clothing and shoe sort out was this week, so another visit to the recycling centre tomorrow. One big skip to come in the week, and then it is all pretty much done and cleared.

I am feeling good about today. It will be a tough match, as always, but we can do it. I did enjoy watching a good referee + officials team manage the (great to watch) match last night. Congrats to Scotland, but what on earth was going through the French team's mind when they didn't just kick it into touch? Brain dead.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2021, 09:13:00 AM »
Late start her in the Chilterns

Late start for the match also, but just hope that Wasps don't have the sort of brain fade that the French team had after the clock turned red

Congrats to Will Rowlands on being part of the team that won the 6 nations.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 09:20:17 AM »
Morning all.

Lovely here as well and I’ve already been out for a brisk 5 mile walk. I love sunny mornings.

I’m quite hopeful of a turnaround in our fortunes continuing from here on out. This squad is better suited to drier spring and autumn conditions rather attritional winter rugby and we’re getting our top players back. 

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 09:27:14 AM »
Morning all,
Quick breakfast for us before we take advantage of the beautiful weather here. Probably going for a walk around the lovely grounds at Warwick University before a bit of gardening and preparation for today’s match.
We are a couple of players away from having our strongest squad and Sale have rested their best players so, for me, I think we might win today.
Alfie, Dan and Joe allow others to play their natural game and give us momentum. Really hoping that Paolo is still in the same form as when he signed off.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2021, 09:42:53 AM »
Morning all from a sunny Hastings. A bit gusty but that's what you get when you live on the coast. No Faf, de Jager, McGinty or Jono Ross. That's a good few of their top players. What's the plural of du Preez? I think we should win this one. 5 points would do nicely.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2021, 09:53:45 AM »
Morning all. Practically choked reading Walesonline this morn. How does AWJ's golden generation compare to the 70s greats? Seriously written professional journalism.
Golden generation!! For winning 3 actual matches from 4 after their worst year in ages.

FWIW, another stat for Wombles, it is easy to forget that England actually have more 6n titles than Wales, 7 to 6, not to mention more overall titles and Grand slams from the history of the home nations onwards, and the 6n championship record is condidered to be he highlight of their achievements.
Perhaps we should get Michael Winner in- calm down dear, it is only the 6n.
Never mind, all good fun.
Lovely morning here. Looking forward to the game and hoping we can generate momentum..

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2021, 09:54:24 AM »
Morning all on a lovely sunny day. It's amazing how much more confident you instantly feel about our chances with the addition of Dobby into the team at 9. I sense we may just see a big performance from Wasps today that says how good we really are.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2021, 09:56:55 AM »
Morning all . Just back from a brisk, bright but chilly walk with the dogs. Will have to get hose out to jet down one of them who decided to jump in a foul smelling pond just before getting back to car! Case of driving back with windows open.

To put the mockers on it , quietly optimistic about today, with some of our returnees and Sale resting two or three key players ,hopefully we can build on last week .Still need to sort out first half blues .

Nice posting Wombles, though I think it’s the second time you have put us as playing league instead of Union😉

Allez Allez Allez!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2021, 10:02:11 AM »
Morning everyone, and here's hoping for a Wasp  result to match the sunny weather outside.  Now we have some extra  heavyweights  back to help out I'm feeling a lot more positive and optimistic  -   but please  gentlemen . . . . cut down on the penalties.  Here's hoping that Paolo remembers what a game of rugby is all about and plays his own  natural game (without help from Voldermort).   Without Faf  with the Sale side I'm hoping for a W.  Allez x 3  like we used to chant long ago, safe journeys,  and C O Y W.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2021, 11:15:39 AM »
Good morning  - late to the party having done my chores and finally sitting down to a rather lovely Puerto Rico coffee and some home made (by me!) spiced banana cake.

I think the team will be boosted mentally by the returnees and the strong bench. Hope we can get the back three into the game today alongside playing a sensible game when required.....We do sometimes think we can always do the "clever" when sometimes a kick to touch would be best!

Lovely morning here in the West - though cloud increasing and still rather windy. Optimistic for a good result.