Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v ASM on terrestrial TV  (Read 990 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Wasps v ASM on terrestrial TV
« on: April 02, 2021, 01:17:18 PM »
The game is also live on C4 tomorrow from 12.00.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v ASM on terrestrial TV
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2021, 01:27:07 PM »

With Jack as part of the team.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 03:50:57 PM »

With Jack as part of the team.

Lee McKenzie presents live action of the Last 16 match between Wasps and Clermont, which is being played at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry. Wasps are two-time winners of this prestigious competition, while Clermont - who have lost in three finals - are desperate to lift the trophy. Miles Harrison, Jamie Heaslip and Danielle Waterman provide commentary, with Ed Jackson reporting. Wasps and England star Jack Willis and the competition's top scorer, Chris Ashton, join Lee in the studio.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2021, 04:23:02 PM »
Looking forward to seeing whether Danielle Waterman has improved with her analysis/presenting.
Great player but Waterman also got a lot of criticism during the last rounds in Europe and it was turned into an attack on her gender.
The highlights show I saw her on with Ed Jackson and Topsy Ojo was awful, but that was all three of them and definitely not gender specific.
There are some fantastic female presenters/analysts/commentators in NZ and in the cricket, think Sarra Elgan does a great job, Maggie Alphonsi too, but there needs to be insightful and knowledgeable people that bring something to a panel.
I know people have to learn on the job but some have been truly awful and are kept on without merit.
Too controversial perhaps but interested to hear what people think.

Mark Atkinson’s Commentary when we played Gloucester was pointless and Shaunaugh Brown’s commentary in a game last week got so bad that the other commentator ended up speaking over the top of her most of the time. All up for finding the pundits of tomorrow but sometimes the people they gather together for these things is awful and if in another line of business would be seriously questioned.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2021, 05:09:12 PM »
The special players tend to be very good commentators. Sarah Hunter and Emily Scarrat are good.

It can take a while. Lol is excellent now but he is much better now than he was 5 years ago.

Dimes is great.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2021, 06:52:28 PM »
As I mentioned above and as feared the Channel 4 coverage was poor.
Ed Jackson is getting better but I imagine lots turned over to BT if they had that option, unfortunately I didn’t have the option