Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 5523 times)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2021, 02:29:27 PM »

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2021, 02:31:32 PM »
76mins and both starting props still on the field and just won a scrum!

Think 11 out of starting 15 went the distance, a heroic effort against that Clermont power and pace, although I'm sure they would have preferred a win the week off next week might be much needed.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2021, 02:35:18 PM by Chunky24 »

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2021, 02:31:41 PM »
Gutted so much spirit.

We need another hooker who can throw to replace Tommy. Ognre just isn’t at the races yet. Don’t think he hit the mark once after he came on.

Need to kick on for next week. Forget the three missed tries and the very iffy second Claremont try.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2021, 02:32:26 PM »
Didn’t deserve that. Let’s take that form and move upwards.

loverugby1979

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2021, 02:37:14 PM »
Proud if the boys.

Well played

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 02:37:29 PM »
Gutted so much spirit.

We need another hooker who can throw to replace Tommy. Ognre just isn’t at the races yet. Don’t think he hit the mark once after he came on.

Need to kick on for next week. Forget the three missed tries and the very iffy second Claremont try.

No match next weekend.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2021, 02:40:18 PM »
Great game, tough way to lose and feel for the guys.

Mixed emotions, severe disappointment at the result in the end, but as we weren’t supposed to have a happy about the way we played. We would have been out of sight by 60mins in 9 out of 10 Prem games playing like that.

Also pleased we seem to have got through with no serious injuries and a week off to recover from a tough game.

Now to build on it as there were some weak areas. 

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »
I really don't subscribe to the pleasure with the performance scenario. A place in the QF was ours for the taking there against an error strewn opposition. We were 5 up with less than a minute to go on there 10 metre line - we shouldn't lose from there. Oghre's pitiful line out throwing, why does Gopperth compete at a needless breakdown, why does Kibirige try and catch a pass with 20 seconds left. So frustrating. If we want to be a side that earns plaudits for losing that will do. But we're good enough to do better. We've really got to cut out the complete brain farts and get across the line.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2021, 02:42:52 PM »
If you'd offered me that before the game, I'd have been pleased. Gutted now...such is sport

Let's kick on from this and show what we can do.

Good to see a ref wanting the Laws applied and we benefited from that - need to think how we get similar in the Prem.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2021, 02:46:10 PM »
Was it just me, or was there a forward pass from Parra right at the end?

Sting

« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2021, 02:50:05 PM »
5 points up, 2mins to go and you lose. That's down to poor onnfield leadership and game management. I admire Joe and he's a top player and a legend, but as captain he should have ensured the game was closed out for wasps. Happened too many times. He needs look at that with the coaches and decide if it's time for him to handover to Shields.

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2021, 02:54:18 PM »

Yes. Looked clearly forward, was gobsamcked it wasn't even checked. Match changing incident obviously. Was the TMO only contracted to work for 80 minutes????

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2021, 02:56:22 PM »
Disappointed, but not surprised. Both sides had loads of errors, but, at the end, it was our errors that cost us. I have asked this question before, but does Oghre know how to throw and/or know any of our lineout calls?

Still, some green shoots seen there. Dan seemed to lose all his fizz as the game wore on, and Brookes was dead on his feet for the last 15, like some of the team (like Shields and Launch), he emptied his tank by just going flat out all game.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2021, 03:04:59 PM »

Yes. Looked clearly forward, was gobsamcked it wasn't even checked. Match changing incident obviously. Was the TMO only contracted to work for 80 minutes????

I got the feeling the Ref really didn't want to disallow the Clermont try that didn't count early in the second half. Both passes more clearly forward then the one from Dobby for Taylor's non try in my opinion.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2021, 03:09:43 PM »
Disappointed, but not surprised. Both sides had loads of errors, but, at the end, it was our errors that cost us. I have asked this question before, but does Oghre know how to throw and/or know any of our lineout calls?

Still, some green shoots seen there. Dan seemed to lose all his fizz as the game wore on, and Brookes was dead on his feet for the last 15, like some of the team (like Shields and Launch), he emptied his tank by just going flat out all game.
Thought the use of the bench was really odd. Owlett or Alo had to come on? I'd have kept Le Bourgeois and Odogwu on.