Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 5525 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2021, 03:12:02 PM »
How many tackles did we miss? Apart from that, a few individual errors did for us in the end. Encouraging, but could have been so much more.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2021, 03:17:36 PM »
We seem to be really skilful and consistent at losing by one or two point in the last three minutes.  So sad.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2021, 03:31:28 PM »
Huge effort but we just fell short.

Visible big shifts from Harris, Tommy, Joe, Thomas and Booj. I thought Dan, Paolo, Matteo  and Bassett impressed.

I’ve been a big fan of Oghre but his legacy is going to be his failure to nail key line outs.

I’m surprised Paolo was replaced because he was the one player likely to score at the death.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2021, 03:52:42 PM »
Totally agree with Steve from Cov.  However, to who ever smited me we have been making  that error, and I write in deep sorrow not in anger.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2021, 06:39:37 PM »
Managed to throw it away again and clearly didn’t learn from last week.
We had the lead yet we compete far too hard at the breakdown again - just don’t compete and throw everyone out across the pitch and wait for the error, especially when they were 70 out.
Jimmy conceded the penalty and just like last week they march up the pitch and score the try.
Very poor again to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

I agree about the bench. Harris was class and that scrum near the end was a result but Brookes looked out on his feet near the end, taking so long to get back in the line.
Clearly no faith in Owlett and maybe Alo just not risked. Jimmy could have come on for Umaga who was poor defensively all game and Paolo should have stayed on.
Would also have brought Vailanu on for some impact.
Glad we went and played some rugby but we need a massive rethink for the rest of the season