Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 3014 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: November 18, 2017, 08:20:41 AM »
Morning all from the plague house I currently live in.

Youngest has chicken pox and we're expecting both of the others to catch it now as they haven't had it before. Not gonna be a fun few weeks...

Not sure how I feel about this game, at the end if last season I'd have said we should have it in the bag, but we've really struggled this season, and Falcons have been playing really well. I hope our returning players will make the difference...

A real bonus is seeing Ashley having the captaincy on his 150th game. He's become one of my all time favourite Wasps players. A real legend.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:52 AM »
Hi VV

Not sure how to call it. With no Nathan to lead the physicality in attack around the scrum, whilst Guy is a good player, I am not sure he has that fire in him. I know Carr would, but he is on the bench. Haskell has shown incremental improvements in physicality going forwards, and last match actually tried to go around a few players rather than straight through them!! YY seems to be the one in the pack to take that ball over the gainline. Got to do that before trying to fling it wide. Otherwise this is going to be a hard match. Our position in the table was not helped by Glaws beating Sorries yesterday. I think we might be able to move 1-3 places if we can get the Win with a TBP.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2017, 10:07:31 AM »
Wasn't that impressed with Carr actually, he wasn't bad, but just not too impressed.  Hoping it's just a case of getting settled in though.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 10:22:38 AM »
Wasn't that impressed with Carr actually, he wasn't bad, but just not too impressed.  Hoping it's just a case of getting settled in though.

I thought all the bench players did quite well. Nathan Charles did very well. Even stole a lineout I think. My goodness he looks tall for a hooker. Carr made some good tackles, and one good break I think. Difficult to be a standout player when all around are doing so well.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 09:16:05 AM »
Will definitely be watching again, especially as I missed the first 10-15 minutes!

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 10:07:29 AM »
The full match is now on premiershiprugbytv

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 10:59:48 AM »
Thanks coddy. Guess where I'm off to next:)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!