Always a Wasp

Author Topic: An angry Lee.  (Read 1205 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
An angry Lee.
« on: April 17, 2021, 06:44:35 PM »
After the final 30 today it was as angry as I've seen Blackett. I wonder if that's no bad thing. The errors we are making are basics, especially in the backs. I'm not suggesting any lack of effort but maybe it needs a bit of tea cup throwing to just focus minds. My sense is that his coaching style is collaborative/by committee sort of thing. He's also pushed the playing with freedom notion. That's fine but we played from some ludicrous positions today. I'm sure the forwards were absolutely boiling at the casual way the backs seemed to undo their good work - does it need Lee to lay the law down a bit and get a bit tougher when the basics aren't done?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: An angry Lee.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 06:58:45 PM »
I think it's a good thing.

I get the impression that we didn't play well but it's not the end of the world.

I thought that second half performance was shameful in terms of head in hands moments. Just filled with brain farts. And that's saying something given our form recently.

He should be angry because, even against chiefs, those were so incredibly stupid things we did. Trying too hard possibly.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 08:18:42 PM »
A line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere, a moment utilised not for the arm around the shoulder but rather the hairdryer. Sometimes things can become to comfortable, words easily trotted out after defeats. Statements of learning lessons, working hard, training well are not worth the paper they are written on.

A well placed rocket that makes employees realise that no one is safe, no employment is guaranteed and no one is bigger than the club can serve to focus mind and body when done at the right time...and after today I cannot think of a more apt one.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 09:03:50 PM »
A line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere, a moment utilised not for the arm around the shoulder but rather the hairdryer. Sometimes things can become to comfortable, words easily trotted out after defeats. Statements of learning lessons, working hard, training well are not worth the paper they are written on.

A well placed rocket that makes employees realise that no one is safe, no employment is guaranteed and no one is bigger than the club can serve to focus mind and body when done at the right time...and after today I cannot think of a more apt one.

As I said on a newspaper comments, that is not the sort of performance any team/squad that included Lol, Shaw and Lewsey would have dared contemplate. Not without believing that Monday would be a pit of pain.....Sometimes in management terms, you can do all the collaborative around the shoulder stuff.....but sometimes it is too easy to excuse poor performance. I certainly learned that the hard way in work!

A line has to be drawn or else matters can and will get worse. And that is no way for a club like Wasps to exist. 

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 09:27:33 PM »
Dai was sacked for overseeing much better performances

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 10:32:15 PM »
Over 10 years though.