Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Worcester they say no!  (Read 2585 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Worcester they say no!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 01:16:18 PM »
While i, like most of you, would have loved to see a live game and it would have been easy for me to do do living in Coventry, it might be controversial to say but I just wonder how successful and revenue generating a Monday night game would actually be?

Very little as most likely it would be STHs in the main. A little from any food and drink available. The big impact would be bums on seats. My bum takes about a 4 hour round trip but would be there buying chips and tea!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »
While i, like most of you, would have loved to see a live game and it would have been easy for me to do do living in Coventry, it might be controversial to say but I just wonder how successful and revenue generating a Monday night game would actually be?

Very little as most likely it would be STHs in the main. A little from any food and drink available. The big impact would be bums on seats. My bum takes about a 4 hour round trip but would be there buying chips and tea!!

My bum would have been there too but being a school / work night I wouldn't have made my usual substantial Apple based drink contribution!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 01:50:44 PM »
The point is we'll never know, it's poor form and it's less about revenue and more about getting fans back.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2021, 02:10:50 PM »
At this stage it’s about getting some soul back in to the game.  BT have tried had with the fake fan noise but it isn’t the same.  We need to hear crowds’ instant responses to forward passes, dangerous tackles and acts of brilliance. 

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 02:21:17 PM »
At this stage it’s about getting some soul back in to the game.  BT have tried had with the fake fan noise but it isn’t the same.  We need to hear crowds’ instant responses to forward passes, dangerous tackles and acts of brilliance.

I agree with all this but what do you think realistically attendance would be on a Monday night particularly given the more unusual location situation of wasps supporters?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 02:47:29 PM »

I agree with all this but what do you think realistically attendance would be on a Monday night particularly given the more unusual location situation of wasps supporters?

With something like this notice of the event is the crucial thing. If a fair time was available the club could work through STHs quickly finding out who and who will not be able to attend. I would suggest most would be willing but a fair few wouldn't be able due to work. Then it all depends if the club were able to offer tickers for sale. However now a moot point!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 02:53:43 PM »

With something like this notice of the event is the crucial thing. If a fair time was available the club could work through STHs quickly finding out who and who will not be able to attend. I would suggest most would be willing but a fair few wouldn't be able due to work. Then it all depends if the club were able to offer tickers for sale. However now a moot point!

Indeed, today first time Jersey allowed a thousand on a Saturday afternoon, minimal travel time,had sold around 800 by reports earlier today, no tickets on the gate.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 02:56:24 PM »
Good to hear of crowds again even if in Jersey.
Want to know how Dylan Hartley gets into the Woman's International- sitting in the stand.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 03:03:57 PM »

As a one-off and with notice I think they’d do rather well. Plenty of novelty value and bragging rights to say you were at the first one.  If it happened you’d probably in 5 years there’d be 10x more people claiming to have attended than were allowed  :D

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2021, 10:18:34 PM »

It would be at the capacity that they would be allowed to have.

Every team, player and DOR has been saying for a year they can’t wait to get fans back in the stadiums, guess Worcester don’t feel that way anymore. Shame there is no relegation this year for them to drop out the Premiership.