Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bristol v Exeter - spoiler alert.  (Read 1153 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bristol v Exeter - spoiler alert.
« on: April 23, 2021, 09:41:33 PM »
Just finished watching Exeter v Bristol. If you need a context check from last week this is it. Bristol literally never laid a glove on Exeter who were imperious. Bristol entered the Chiefs 22 but twice. Bristol tried to run everything but made a significantly worse job of it than we did. Chiefs once again look a cut above but in terms of the rest there really isn't much in it.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bristol v Exeter - spoiler alert.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 10:15:05 PM »
Chiefs once again look a cut above but in terms of the rest there really isn't much in it.

I stand by (what is probably the painfully obvious, but still) Exeter were trying to beat Sarries. Sarries, this successful team turned out to be cheaters. Exeter now left without a worthy opponent because everyone else is catching up, but also because the standards they attempted to reach were of a team that cheated. So yeah this is going to be a while before anyone else cracks it.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 01:55:53 AM »
Just finished watching Exeter v Bristol. If you need a context check from last week this is it. Bristol literally never laid a glove on Exeter who were imperious. Bristol entered the Chiefs 22 but twice. Bristol tried to run everything but made a significantly worse job of it than we did. Chiefs once again look a cut above but in terms of the rest there really isn't much in it.

Am i missing the sarcasm of this post?
Context?
We shipped 7 tries, our only try was a fortunate charge down, we ran and created nothing last week. We lost by 30 points, 2 less than the cumulative total for todays match, which was 3 tries to 2 and the gulf in class was there for anyone to see, that knows anything about rugby.
I don't understand your thought process, delusion, denial, not sure ...this is a truly bizarre posts.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:03:07 AM by Hymenoptera »

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 08:11:08 AM »

Am i missing the sarcasm of this post?
Context?
We shipped 7 tries, our only try was a fortunate charge down, we ran and created nothing last week. We lost by 30 points, 2 less than the cumulative total for todays match, which was 3 tries to 2 and the gulf in class was there for anyone to see, that knows anything about rugby.
I don't understand your thought process, delusion, denial, not sure ...this is a truly bizarre posts.

Did you watch the Bristol game last night? I am assuming not.
At 60 minutes Exeter went 20-5 ahead. Up until about 50 minutes last week Wasps were ahead.
Bristol went 5 points up briefly early on, but rarely threatened the Exeter line after that.
Bristol were at home.
Bristol came into the game bang in form and high on confidence.
Bristol didn't spend the 2nd half playing into a gale.
Much like Wasps last week, Bristol created opportunities but squandered them through silly individual errors and giving away line out possession.

I'm not saying Wasps are as good as Bristol because clearly Bristol didn't capitulate in the final 20 minutes in the way Wasps did. But Exeter are bloody good and Wasps are a side low on confidence and it showed.  Does both Wasps and Exeter a disservice to put last week's result purely down to Wasps being terrible.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 10:01:53 AM »
Hymoneptera, no sarcasm I can assure you. The stats don't tell the tale. We dented Exeter far more than Bristol did. They were comfortable against Bristol for the entire 80, not just for 20 mins when we started to play chaotically. We got in behind them and broke their line far more than Bristol. It did put our performance in a better context for me.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2021, 01:45:36 PM »
You were both clearly out on the piss last night. If you think we put in a better show than Bristol or it in anyway elevates our 7 try capitulation, then I'm lost for words and really...good luck to you both.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2021, 02:30:56 PM »
You were both clearly out on the piss last night. If you think we put in a better show than Bristol or it in anyway elevates our 7 try capitulation, then I'm lost for words and really...good luck to you both.
Out on the piss? You can only go for two hours and you have to take a duvet with you.