Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps v Bath: Post match thoughts.  (Read 3675 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps v Bath: Post match thoughts.
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2021, 03:44:43 PM »
I thought worthy of a mention was MLB and not just for the support line he ran for his try. He gets a lot of stick on here, but he seemed quite prominent in the first half securing our ball in breakdowns etc. He's never gonna scale the international heights of Odogwu, but solid squad performers are essential to keeping the squad under cap and big enough to compete. I think this week was another very solid squad man performance. Well done him.

+1
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 03:53:37 PM »
MLB has got better as this season has progressed. He is now performing pretty consistently and he and Malakai are building a good understanding.

What impressed me yesterday was the mindset of the players. They looked as though they were enjoying it and never gave up.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 04:33:28 PM »
I thought worthy of a mention was MLB and not just for the support line he ran for his try. He gets a lot of stick on here, but he seemed quite prominent in the first half securing our ball in breakdowns etc. He's never gonna scale the international heights of Odogwu, but solid squad performers are essential to keeping the squad under cap and big enough to compete. I think this week was another very solid squad man performance. Well done him.

+1
+2

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2021, 04:39:13 PM »

+1
+2

Something still isn’t quite clicking through 10/12 at the moment though, another few passes went to floor, the one that led to the Odogwu break didn’t work either, perhaps just a confidence and and timing thing across the back line but still lots to work on

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2021, 05:08:01 PM »

+4. I'm not sure MLB was given a fair go at the start. He was expected - first season especially - to be brought into the squad and introduced gradually into the team as and when appropriate. But - because of injuries etc he played in 14 games in 2018 from Sept to Dec (i.e. virtually every game) - way more than expected - decent if not spectacular stats whilst still learning the change from Championship to Prem. I think we're pretty lucky to have a more than decent utility back who can contribute and play the full 80 and seems able to play week in week out.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2021, 05:40:52 PM »
Plus 1

MarleyWasp

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2021, 06:08:48 PM »
I've wondered at times if Booj suffers from a degree of imposter syndrome. In his early interviews in particular it seemed that he hadn't adapted his mindset to accept he was now a Premiership player.