Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Francis Baron Interview  (Read 757 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Francis Baron Interview
« on: April 26, 2021, 06:16:23 PM »
Can't replicate here (print copy) but worth catching later when TRP puts on general release.
Looks at RFU finances and also the involvement of CVC. Seems to be a 3 part interview over a number of weeks. An interesting read.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Francis Baron Interview
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 07:15:00 PM »
Just been reading from the delayed publication. Interesting that he still believes that promotion/ relegation is fundamental for the sport

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 07:47:18 PM »
Just been reading from the delayed publication. Interesting that he still believes that promotion/ relegation is fundamental for the sport

Yes and that the CVC investment is not good for the sport. I hadn't realised they normally sold on after 5 years and in this case there is no control who they might sell to.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2021, 10:42:11 AM »

Yes and that the CVC investment is not good for the sport. I hadn't realised they normally sold on after 5 years and in this case there is no control who they might sell to.
I had assumed that they had been in F1. Wonder if SISU only intended to be with CCFC for 5 years?