Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Agree Club-Record Deal with Hummel  (Read 4000 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Wasps Agree Club-Record Deal with Hummel
« on: April 29, 2021, 09:07:26 AM »
From the offy:

https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps-agree-club-record-deal-with-hummel/

This sounds like very good news. I was puzzled by the headline. I thought it would involve music and vinyl :-[
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Agree Club-Record Deal with Hummel
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 09:23:18 AM »
A Wasp & a bee on the front of the shirt from next season then!

They've done some very smart England & GB RL jerseys in the last few years.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 09:37:26 AM »
Given this is their first Union kit, at least there won't be any standard template. Wasps stuff won't look like anything else.

Nice also that the Ladies kit will be from the same maker.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 09:59:36 AM »
Given this is their first Union kit, at least there won't be any standard template. Wasps stuff won't look like anything else.

Dropped off sourdough bread making to read this. Interesting that now all Wasps brands are under the one banner. Welcome Ladies Rugby.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 10:00:36 AM »
Hummel do some fantastic kits.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 10:09:37 AM »
Hummel do some fantastic kits.

Am I right that they are closely involved with our soon to be tenants. Bit more than kit supplier?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 10:13:47 AM »

I'm surprised its taken so long. I understood the plan with the move to the Ricoh was to build Wasps as a brand, not just a rugby team.

Covid will have slowed plans but I wouldn't be surprised to see some other sports teams adopted - hockey, for example, if it all goes well, in the medium term. 

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 11:00:12 AM »

I'm surprised its taken so long. I understood the plan with the move to the Ricoh was to build Wasps as a brand, not just a rugby team.

Covid will have slowed plans but I wouldn't be surprised to see some other sports teams adopted - hockey, for example, if it all goes well, in the medium term.

Only problem with Hockey is that artificial turf pitches are required. for high level competition Couldn't have one at the Ricoh.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 11:10:19 AM »
Basketball might be a better fit, given it could be played on the same floor as the Net Ball?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2021, 11:35:31 AM »

I imagine it will look virtually exactly the same as a rugby league kit. Black with gold chevrons.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2021, 11:48:13 AM »
I imagine it will look virtually exactly the same as a rugby league kit. Black with gold chevrons.

Given they would appear to want to expand into Union, I would expect them to make extra effort with their first offering. I doubt using a League shirt as a template would be a good starting point.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »

Only problem with Hockey is that artificial turf pitches are required. for high level competition Couldn't have one at the Ricoh.

Quins have hosted international hockey with a "drop in" pitch: https://www.thestadiumbusiness.com/2019/11/20/hockey-return-twickenham-stoop-long-term-deal/

Whether it's worth the investment is a different matter. I note that last season the Netball Team were due to play just 3 of their 9 home games at the Ricoh and the rest at the new University of Warwickshire Sport and Wellness hub, so theoretically there's no reason why a hockey team would have to play at the Ricoh.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2021, 12:26:59 PM »

Given they would appear to want to expand into Union, I would expect them to make extra effort with their first offering. I doubt using a League shirt as a template would be a good starting point.

You'd hope that, but we always seemed to just get UA template shirts too.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2021, 01:18:21 PM »
I've seen this doing the rounds on Twitter - apparently hummel put this out, a potential new badge? I hope not, just doesn't look right to me.