Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Agree Club-Record Deal with Hummel  (Read 3999 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Agree Club-Record Deal with Hummel
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2021, 01:28:28 PM »
Wonder if this includes the amateur sides. Was pretty sure samurai supplied them and the ladies in previous seasons

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2021, 02:04:50 PM »
I've seen this doing the rounds on Twitter - apparently hummel put this out, a potential new badge? I hope not, just doesn't look right to me.

I personally quite like that logo and think it could work well if used in the right way (such as merchandising etc.) but I'd certainly not want it to replace the club's official logo.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 02:37:09 PM »
Wonder if this includes the amateur sides. Was pretty sure samurai supplied them and the ladies in previous seasons

Here's your answer!

https://www.waspsfc.co.uk/news/wasps-fc-agree-new-long-term-kit-partnership-2613020.html

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2021, 03:15:37 PM »
I've seen this doing the rounds on Twitter - apparently hummel put this out, a potential new badge? I hope not, just doesn't look right to me.

I personally quite like that logo and think it could work well if used in the right way (such as merchandising etc.) but I'd certainly not want it to replace the club's official logo.

The right way round would be a start.  It's arse about face from all previous incarnations of the Wasps badge.  Simply flipping it would probably make it look a lot closer to what we already have.

HCWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2021, 04:02:51 PM »
In Western cultures, advertisers & logo designers regard characters facing to the left as giving the impression of going backwards and the “past”. Those facing right are seen to be going forward and more positive. Most logos face the right for this reason.

Might be because of how we read & write or the predominance of right handedness, or I might be talking rubbish. However I’m with DGP Wasp, the Wasp logo needs to be turned round to be right-facing!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2021, 04:20:35 PM »
The official press release from both Wasps and Hummel shows images with the "correct" Wasps image:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:23:29 PM by RogerE »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2021, 06:01:02 PM »
Hummel do some fantastic kits.

Am I right that they are closely involved with our soon to be tenants. Bit more than kit supplier?
I'm not sure to be honest. Thinking of the groundbreaking Denmark kit a good while back.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2021, 06:11:46 PM »
Hummel do some fantastic kits.

Am I right that they are closely involved with our soon to be tenants. Bit more than kit supplier?
I'm not sure to be honest. Thinking of the groundbreaking Denmark kit a good while back.

They are CCFC kit suppliers and done some really good ones for example the 2Tone one with lots of good little touches, they do bespoke more than templates.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2021, 06:24:27 PM »

Here's your answer!

https://www.waspsfc.co.uk/news/wasps-fc-agree-new-long-term-kit-partnership-2613020.html

Thanks.  Really getting branding in one place. Hopefully will be some difference in tops ,otherwise might see some interesting starters if profs and amateurs happen to be playing close to each other!

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2021, 06:47:51 PM »
Glad it’s not the first wasp they showed. That one looked like it was doing a poo.

If Hummel are going to be doing shirts for Cov and Wasps, could we be looking at a potential new stadium sponsor?

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2021, 07:05:13 PM »
Glad it’s not the first wasp they showed. That one looked like it was doing a poo.

If Hummel are going to be doing shirts for Cov and Wasps, could we be looking at a potential new stadium sponsor?

Would be a good deal if so. Not bad though for a "struggling" club as some -mainly those who support Coventry City- think, when we can attract sponsors and suppliers such as Vodafone and hummel.

Although the on field performances have struggled this season, there is good things happening. Training facility, sponsorship, stadium development, new -odd named - bar.....Could be worse!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2021, 08:09:33 PM »
I've been having a look at Hummel's Twitter to get an indication of their designs. They've designed a goal keeper's kit for the Maryland Bobcats (never heard of them) which is in Wasps colours. If our kit looks as good as this, I'll be happy: https://twitter.com/MDBobcatsFC/status/1384278902726565890?s=19

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2021, 08:25:55 PM »
Wigan Warriors kit looks decent, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2021, 08:34:02 PM »
Wigan Warriors kit looks decent, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Agreed just looked at it. Wouldn't take much to adjust to our hoops.
Let me tell you something cucumber

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2021, 08:48:06 PM »
I think Hummel will take over the running of the club shop and online.