Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BB on Wasps Injury List  (Read 1125 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
BB on Wasps Injury List
« on: May 07, 2021, 10:11:58 AM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

FrankWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BB on Wasps Injury List
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2021, 10:20:57 AM »
Was racking my poor brain to think who we had with initials "BB"

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »
For a moment I thought Bobby had torn a hamstring!
I guess the biggest relief in there is that Gaskell is in contention so we should have 3 locks available. Good news re McIntyre and the right approach with Barbeary.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 10:35:16 AM »
A rare appearance from Wayne Barnes as Referee, hopefully he won't put up with Marler's gamesmanship.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 10:40:13 AM »
Gaskell's return is timely.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 11:02:01 AM »
Totally agree about Alfie and taking it slowly. Somebody needs to quell his desire to play though.

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 11:11:28 AM »
A relief to have Gaskell back.

Good to read that McIntyre is back in contention but he has to work to move ahead of either West & Harris in my opinion.

Shame Cruse’s return has been pushed back a couple of weeks but we might as well milk Taylor as much as we can before he leaves!

As for Barbeary I thought he’d be out for the remainder of the season but the insinuation seems to be that he could possibly sneak in a game (or more) before season end.

On a separate note, BB says that a top 8 is sufficient for HC qualification next year. Has there been official confirmation of that?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 11:21:07 AM »
Was thinking the other day about our injury record over the last few seasons , particularly around foot/ leg  problems.
  Do you think wasps suffer more than other clubs?  Was wondering if some of it is down to training methods or strength and conditioning techniques employed. Could it even be down to surface conditions of training pitches and The Godiva pitch that weakens /strains muscles resulting in injuries later?

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 11:35:31 AM »
Do you think wasps suffer more than other clubs?

I'm sure last season someone on the internet made a comparison between all prem clubs & concluded Wasps were no worse than everyone else, bar Sale, who had a very different training regime to everyone else.

Was wondering if some of it is down to training methods or strength and conditioning techniques employed
The S&C team have changed for this season haven't they? But without a proper rest & pre-season it will probably be next season before its possible to tell if the change has made a difference.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2021, 01:15:19 PM »
A relief to have Gaskell back.

Good to read that McIntyre is back in contention but he has to work to move ahead of either West & Harris in my opinion.

Shame Cruse’s return has been pushed back a couple of weeks but we might as well milk Taylor as much as we can before he leaves!

As for Barbeary I thought he’d be out for the remainder of the season but the insinuation seems to be that he could possibly sneak in a game (or more) before season end.

On a separate note, BB says that a top 8 is sufficient for HC qualification next year. Has there been official confirmation of that?
Yes, top 8 is confirmed.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2021, 02:05:36 PM »
Is it seeded like this year? If it is it could be a short tournament if you’re in 8th place.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2021, 02:27:26 PM »
Is it seeded like this year? If it is it could be a short tournament if you’re in 8th place.

They haven't said yet beyond 3 × 8 from the leagues for qualification.