Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 1113 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: May 09, 2021, 06:54:08 AM »
Morning all Waspies from a pleasantly mild Guildford. It’s been a while since I can follow my Sunday pre match ritual, but today I get to enjoy the dog walk, morning coffee, rugby paper and Sunday lunch before settling down to watch our boys take on Quins at the Stoop.

Yesterday’s results are pushing 6-11 much closer, and with Europe looking like top 8 this season we are once more back in the running to claim a slot. Yet if we are to stand a chance of top 8 last rounds result against Bath should not be seen as a fluke, but more a catalyst. Injuries to key players in key positions has once more been the ongoing theme for us -and has been now for 3-4 seasons- yet through injury, opportunity arises, and the boys today are going to have to be physically and mentally on point if we are to get anything from a highly impressive Quins outfit. The battle between the two 9-10 axis players will be central to who takes the plaudits today. Dan & Jacob v Danny & Marcus promises to be an absolute cracker. Interestingly Quins formula to success is very much on a blueprint to our own. Indeed the more this season they have played like ‘Wasps’ the better they have looked. A lot of good things have gone through Esterhuizen for Quins, and they will miss him as he takes to the naughty step for the second time this season. Northmore is not only going to have to be a able replacement, but will also be facing Fekatoa and find a way to quieten him. However equally our speed of ball and broken field play required turnovers aplenty, and without Jack our other lads have simply not found that easy to come by.

This promises to be a game of high ball in play time and speed aplenty, and that is what makes it so tantalising a contest, as this is when both teams look at their best.

Quins have to be firm favourites, they’re performances and position in the league demand it. However the beauty of our league is that anyone can beat anyone else. We have to get at least a point from today, however a win and we are right in their for Europe next season.

Come on you Wasps!  ;D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 07:07:45 AM »
Morning all.

Looking forward to this one.

It's got to the business end of the season now. We have to turn up today. We have a decent squad out, even considering injuries.

There are many key match ups around the pitch, none of which is probably as import as the 9/10 battle.

Should be a decent pitch to play on, temperature quite pleasant, no rain and the top ref is i/c.

Fingers crossed!!!

#COYW

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 07:20:19 AM »
Morning all from a mild (at last) but wet 'n' windy North Dorset.

I'm also looking forward to the 9 and 10 battles and also seeing how Feks and Paolo operate, with quick ball that's a powerful running combination.

Unfortunately I won't be able to watch or hear the game live as I'm volunteering to helm a safety boat for some Laser racing in Portland Harbour, if the wind drops, so I'll be going off grid and hoping I can start the BT replay without seeing the score anywhere.

Have a good day everyone and lets hope the return to form of Jacob and the rest of the team continues.

COYW

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 07:30:34 AM »
Morning all

Lovely day here and cracking sunrise walk with the dog.

Still not convinced we are ticking right and do wonder how our centre pairing will function. Perhaps not a "behind the sofa" viewing but very tough.

Big scores elsewhere yesterday so at least we should see an entertaining match if the pitch is firm after yesterday's deluge.

Hoping and praying COYW.

Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 08:08:52 AM »
Morning All!

I'm feeling weirdly optimistic about this one. Lots of good news off the pitch recently, let's see it backed up by the boys!

#COYW
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 08:14:15 AM »
Good morning from a cool, breezy. grey bit of Herefordshire (just). i have cleared a space behind the settee (just in case)  - it's amazing what you find behind  a settee  -  things that have been lost for ages.  I'm hoping against hope for a W.;  the possibility is there,  but what will actually happen in  anyone's guess.  Come on Josh and Tom-W-x-2 plus all. Safe journeys to everyone,  and C.O.Y.W.  ................

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2021, 08:24:30 AM »
Morning all from a sunny Essex, though it looks like wind is starting to come in.

I too am weird for being optimistic at today’s result,but am looking forward to our new pairing in the the centre, let’s hope they can read each other’s mind!

Just hope they remember how previous game started (and continued) and are ready for them from the outset .

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2021, 09:31:43 AM »
Good morning all from Hastings. Strange weather on the coast. Thunder storms moving up the Channel. We are on the edge. Thunder showers with sunny intervals! Always believe we can beat Quins. Got it wrong a lot of the time :( Hope this afternoon is not one of them.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2021, 09:35:36 AM »
Morning all.
Hangover now from Old Rosie, church later, before some sport at last.
Grey here, after yesterday's washout.
No predictions, not sure how I feel about today's chances.....

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2021, 09:37:09 AM »
Morning all,
Lovely morning in Coventry after an absolutely foul day yesterday.
If we make a fast start and get in Quins faces we could spring a surprise. Paolo’s selection in the centre gives us so many options to attack their defence.
If our forwards front up; if Paolo’s distribution improves and Jacob wins the battle against his nemesis then we might sneak this.
COYW.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 10:07:53 AM »
Morning all.

Second jab yesterday and am feeling a little fragile, perhaps similar to my feelings about todays' game. We can win this game, but will need to play well and not gift Quin points....Obvious, I know, but it's been a bit of a theme

Nice to see some sunshine out with the dog this morning - S Glos looking better than any time yesterday....and it looks like it will be warm and dry today, down the other end of the M4 from me.

Stay safe tout le monde, and enjoy the game....

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 01:27:01 PM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

I am also optimistic today, at least for some excitement. Despite all of the injuries I think we have quite a strong pack and back line. Esterhuizen being out will at least disrupt Quins flow.

Here's to a great game.

Come on You Wasps!

Notso