Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 878 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: May 09, 2021, 07:54:21 AM »
Rumour page - no incomer for Costello. Everard to take the role as part of long term planning. If it is planned then shows foresight if not it is cost saving (my thoughts).
Elsewhere the Alfie interview as seen Elsewhere apart from a small bit about him continuing to practice his hooking skills.
Today's match coverage about Jacob back from his blip.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 08:48:30 AM »
I suppose the net result is that we've ditched the transition coach position. For me that one was perfect for Jimmy. He's obviously focussed on playing but seems an opportunity to get him involved coaching wise. We know Blackett has signings secured/targets. It's just the hooker we don't know about from the 4 signed + any of those who are still just targets.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 09:29:40 AM »
Rumour page - no incomer for Costello. Everard to take the role as part of long term planning. If it is planned then shows foresight if not it is cost saving (my thoughts).

Not sure how I feel about this. Makes me concerned about future academy promotions. But then again perhaps the transition coach role was used exclusively for a huge influx in a academy promotions one year, then not needed again.

I also prefer to get an out and out defence coach rather than just someone around at the time. But then again Costello ended up working out alright.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 09:35:40 AM »
I suppose the net result is that we've ditched the transition coach position. For me that one was perfect for Jimmy. He's obviously focussed on playing but seems an opportunity to get him involved coaching wise. We know Blackett has signings secured/targets. It's just the hooker we don't know about from the 4 signed + any of those who are still just targets.

It may be that Jimmy will start to function that way whist providing emergency cover - if he re-signs.
Let me tell you something cucumber