Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Crowd for Tigers game  (Read 1447 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Crowd for Tigers game
« on: May 11, 2021, 07:23:39 AM »
So with a 32K capacity, 8,000 Wasps fans will be allowed to go to the Tigers game in round 22.

I wonder how many who bought the season and a half package will attend and how the remaining tix will be allocated?

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Crowd for Tigers game
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 08:41:21 AM »
I thought it was up to 4,000 people or 50% capacity whichever was smaller?

MarleyWasp

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 08:43:47 AM »
For larger stadiums it's up to 10k allowed, but I can't find any guidance on what constitutes a large stadium.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 08:57:28 AM »
I would think most people who purchased season plus tickets will attend if they are able. If calculations of the numbers on the shirt is correct then that should put the number of early and late STHs at between 3 and 4 thousand. Plus many renewed as "bubbles" so there will be a few hidden names.  So you could probably safely say about 3k would sign up to attend.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:59:11 AM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 09:19:49 AM »
Surprised there's been nothing from the club yet.  Irish the weekend before went on general sale a few weeks back and hospitality/STHs for a while before that.  I guess they may have been waiting for yesterday's government announcement confirming that everything was still on track.  In which case we can probably expect something in the next couple of days.  Can't wait!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 09:41:53 AM »
Surprised there's been nothing from the club yet.  Irish the weekend before went on general sale a few weeks back and hospitality/STHs for a while before that.  I guess they may have been waiting for yesterday's government announcement confirming that everything was still on track.  In which case we can probably expect something in the next couple of days.  Can't wait!

Maybe Irish knew they couldn't make the numbers by themselves and went to the open market quickly. Maybe Wasps have everything in place (the Ricoh certainly has all the necessary certification in place) but were waiting for the announcement yesterday to clear things from 17th May. Expect it soon.
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 10:17:17 AM »
I thought it was up to 4,000 people or 50% capacity whichever was smaller?

I read it was max 10K people but restricted to 25% of capacity hence the 8K figure quoted above by Heathen

PestNproud

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 10:27:08 AM »
Horrible ordering processes for the Stoop and Brentford, with every ticket (capped at a bubble of 6, fyi) needing to be individually registered in detail, but will be wonderful to be back after a over year (oddly, last time was the Stoop, too, for England Women).

V much hoping to make it an end of season hat-trick with CBSA tickets next!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 10:42:54 AM »
Be great to see a game live again. I wonder if all the other things like bars will be open as well. I must admit I'm looking forward to the less stressful mode of watching. On TV the constant audible dialogue between TMO and ref constantly makes me think they've found something wrong with our tries/tackles etc.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 10:48:29 AM »
I can't find anything to clarify this on the government website.  Still just has the old tier 1/2 rules.  Got this from the Beeb:

"Up to 10,000 fans or 25% capacity, whichever figure is lower, will be allowed at larger outdoor venues, while at smaller outdoor venues, the limit will be capped at 4,000 or 50% capacity."

Logically that would put the threshold for what constitutes a larger/smaller venue at 16K, meaning that anything from 8K to 16K capacity can have 4K spectators, then up to 40K @ 25% and beyond that 10K maximum.  Meaning we'd be good for just short of 8.2K.

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 01:11:12 PM »
Just seen that 3276 will be allowed at Kingsholm for the Premier 15s final. that is 20% of capacity

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 04:03:36 PM »
Just seen that 3276 will be allowed at Kingsholm for the Premier 15s final. that is 20% of capacity

A large proportion of Kingsholm is standing, which might account for them only getting 20%.  25% seated in numbered seats is straightforward enough, but if you opened the shed up to 25% of its usual capacity then most of that 25% would naturally gravitate towards the middle 25% of the stand for the best view.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 04:49:54 PM »
So for the Ricoh, 4000 in each of the west and east stands is about right - unless there are any spacing restrictions.