Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wuss' refusal to switch fixture a 'motivator' for Dobby  (Read 2145 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wuss' refusal to switch fixture a 'motivator' for Dobby
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »
'Blackett echoed his scrum-half’s perspective, saying: “It's not anger, it's just disappointment.”'

Yeah, right!  Pull the other one Lee.  They must all be ******* livid.  I know I am!

'Warriors head coach Jonathan Thomas told Worcester News it was 'impossible' to change the fixture.
He said: "I have seen the frustration online and I recognise that but there is nothing more we could have done."'

Apart from agree to move the fixture that is.  Nothing more than small-minded self interest.  They'd rather not be playing away with fans in for the first time in so long.  Plus they still have a bit of an axe to grind over the Coventry move.  I really hope this does provide extra motivation (not that they should need  it after Sunday)

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 09:11:17 AM »

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 09:29:21 AM »
It's not like they are getting relegated.
They need to grow up.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 09:39:35 AM »
In between the last Wasps home game with crowds and the next one, Worcester will have had three home games with crowds (they had two in December with 2,000 allowed in, are at home to Leicester on 29th May) and have a home game at the same time as our match against Leicester, yet they deprive us of the chance to have crowds in for one match because they don't want to start their prep for the Leicester match on a Tuesday, having had an extra week off compared to every other club in the league (they were the only Premiership side not to be involved in European action over the Easter weekend).

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2021, 10:08:48 AM »
Something to enjoy from the last encounter:

https://twitter.com/WaspsRugby/status/1392765703103688706?s=20

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2021, 10:22:56 AM »
In between the last Wasps home game with crowds and the next one, Worcester will have had three home games with crowds (they had two in December with 2,000 allowed in, are at home to Leicester on 29th May) and have a home game at the same time as our match against Leicester, yet they deprive us of the chance to have crowds in for one match because they don't want to start their prep for the Leicester match on a Tuesday, having had an extra week off compared to every other club in the league (they were the only Premiership side not to be involved in European action over the Easter weekend).

Remember they have also had Covid breaks and points unlike Wasps.
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2021, 11:17:25 AM »
Here's the Worcester News article: https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/19297960.wasps-vs-worcester-warriors---game-not-rearranged/

I still don't buy it...

Same. If I was going to give any benefit of doubt, I'd say that there is an element of truth in what they are saying HOWEVER I also think that it's all a bit convenient and this RPA break isn't as set in stone as they make it out to be. I suppose it's better to blame the RPA than to come out and say they just don't want t and/or lose the advantage of having no crowds for an away game.

I'm cynical but if this game was at Sixways then I wouldn't be surprised if their tune was different.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 11:27:29 AM »
Let's just make sure we stuff them to compensate (but don't touch Hougaard)!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »
So three fixtures were re-arranged.  Why weren't the Bath v Sale (Fri) or Tigers vs Quins games re-arranged, is it the same reasoning?

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2021, 12:18:12 PM »
So three fixtures were re-arranged.  Why weren't the Bath v Sale (Fri) or Tigers vs Quins games re-arranged, is it the same reasoning?

Tigers are in the Challenge Cup final the following Friday so that game was always a non-starter.  I think at the time discussions started about rearranging games, the semi final outcomes were still not known, so Bath couldn't commit to postponing either.

Also, with Bath's game being the Friday night TV game, there may have been obligations there?

Legitimate reasons!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 12:20:13 PM by DGP Wasp »

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2021, 06:25:15 PM »
Some posters on here do seem to forget that professional Rugby players are real people with real lives not just entertainment drones for the fans. If my job told me, well in advance, that our company would be shut down for a week I would make plans for that week. Sure, in current CoVid times those plans would not involve foreign travel, but they would involve my family and friends. If my company then said "sorry everyone, changed our minds about that week off" I'd be properly livid.

So yes, I can believe maybe Worcester asked around to find most of their squad not keen to move the fixture and disrupt their pre-arranged week off. Maybe none of the Wasps squad had any plans they didn't want to break. I don't know if that's a good thing or not??

It's unfortunate, but hardly the stuff of galvanising squad rousing speeches "Lads, that's it, we have to play our fixtures on the long ago scheduled dates, how angry does that make you?"

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 08:44:25 PM »
Some posters on here do seem to forget that professional Rugby players are real people with real lives not just entertainment drones for the fans. If my job told me, well in advance, that our company would be shut down for a week I would make plans for that week. Sure, in current CoVid times those plans would not involve foreign travel, but they would involve my family and friends. If my company then said "sorry everyone, changed our minds about that week off" I'd be properly livid.

So yes, I can believe maybe Worcester asked around to find most of their squad not keen to move the fixture and disrupt their pre-arranged week off. Maybe none of the Wasps squad had any plans they didn't want to break. I don't know if that's a good thing or not??

It's unfortunate, but hardly the stuff of galvanising squad rousing speeches "Lads, that's it, we have to play our fixtures on the long ago scheduled dates, how angry does that make you?"

When the freak snowstorm hits Coventry at the weekend and the teams are asked by the Premiership to delay by 48 hours, as had happened in the past (Saracens game?) would they refuse?

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2021, 10:32:53 PM »

When the freak snowstorm hits Coventry at the weekend and the teams are asked by the Premiership to delay by 48 hours, as had happened in the past (Saracens game?) would they refuse?

If I was being paid a shed load of money to do my job, and I was asked to delay my UK holiday by 48 hours , I would.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2021, 08:56:48 AM »

I'm so glad NHS workers haven't adopted that attitude over the past 14 months!