Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 2289 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: May 16, 2021, 07:51:47 AM »
Yet again but with more detail Gleeson to Eddie. With Amor gone it now looks likely despite Lee saying no.
Cooper Wooley left Sale with no club. That worked out well.

Article with Lee saying youngsters should emulate Brad.
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 07:58:14 AM »
I took the comment on Cooper-Wooley that he had already gone, guess he wasn’t a Saffa. But seems a shame for him as I think he went North for family, as well as a pay rise.

Looks like Rory Sutherland isn’t heading to Worcester, that would be a good signing but looks like he is France bound.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 08:11:52 AM »
Yet again but with more detail Gleeson to Eddie. With Amor gone it now looks likely despite Lee saying no.

I really hope this isn't the case. I at least want the same coaching structure next season to see if we can improve. Where the hell will we get a new attack coach at this time of the season?!

Simultaneously for Gleeson, I understand his aspirations are likely big, but has he not seen the huge turnover in coaches under EJ? I'd be very apprehensive if I were him.

And Gleeson has been in Union for 2 seasons! Why is EJ not choosing someone with a bit more experience?

The whole thing is so confusing.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 08:20:25 AM »

I really hope this isn't the case. I at least want the same coaching structure next season to see if we can improve. Where the hell will we get a new attack coach at this time of the season?!

Simon Amor presumably available, can't necessarily judge him on his England time as attack given limited opportunity?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 08:48:10 AM »

Simon Amor presumably available, can't necessarily judge him on his England time as attack given limited opportunity?

Oh dear god no. I wouldn't recommend Amor, one because the England performances weren't exactly great attack wise and two he's a 7's coach not union. I get we made a gamble with Gleeson and it paid off, but seeing Amor's work before I'm more apprehensive this time around.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 09:13:06 AM »

Oh dear god no. I wouldn't recommend Amor, one because the England performances weren't exactly great attack wise and two he's a 7's coach not union. I get we made a gamble with Gleeson and it paid off, but seeing Amor's work before I'm more apprehensive this time around.

Understand what you are saying and not necessarily advocating him for the position just that he is available which was the point was I was replying to.

However equally Gleeson was a rugby league coach not union and would you so no to Ben Ryan because he is only a 7s coach? Always a gamble either way Sean Long didn't work out at Quins and you would have thought he had more coaching potential than Gleeson.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 09:25:24 AM »

Understand what you are saying and not necessarily advocating him for the position just that he is available which was the point was I was replying to.

However equally Gleeson was a rugby league coach not union and would you so no to Ben Ryan because he is only a 7s coach? Always a gamble either way Sean Long didn't work out at Quins and you would have thought he had more coaching potential than Gleeson.

Those are good points.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 09:36:01 AM »
Shame to hear JCW is leaving Sale.

Absolute unit but he never appeared to spend enough time on the pitch.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 09:45:54 AM »
Shame to hear JCW is leaving Sale.

Absolute unit but he never appeared to spend enough time on the pitch.

He has left. Apparently no club arranged and not required for the few remaining games.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 10:32:28 AM »
An absolutely  super bloke, and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.  Wicked sense of humour.  Hope he has a happy and fulfilling future.  Good luck Super, and all the very best.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2021, 10:36:19 AM »
What was Jake's problem(s) at Sale? He seemed very keen to go.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2021, 10:58:22 AM »
What was Jake's problem(s) at Sale? He seemed very keen to go.

Keen to go for the alleged money perhaps. I remember it being said Wasps couldn't match the 300k+ being offered.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2021, 11:42:54 AM »
His long-time girl friend had moved north to a decent job.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 11:48:59 AM »
I assume there's no suggestion in TRP that JCW might head back our way. Or does it suggest he's retiring?

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »
I think it had been mentioned on tv and sale discussion boardabout a month back that he was likely to be going as not being used much , think it was injuries/ niggles . Did think maybe could be loan cover due to our problems, but do we need another prop prone to injury?