Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The Estate Agents at it Again?  (Read 4069 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: The Estate Agents at it Again?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 08:35:15 AM »
As long as Wray is involved, I will never believe they're clean. He should have been banned from any involvement with Sarries, the players or rugby as a whole.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 08:36:53 AM »
This investment is historic and dates to before any sanctions were placed on Saracens.

Wasn't this the period of major cheating.  I hope to hell PRL have somebody robust in place because they still stink.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »
Perhaps not at it again but rather still at it, although it does appear to be above board?

A Saracens spokesperson said: ‘This is an administrative issue. This investment is historic and dates to before any sanctions were placed on Saracens. Premiership Rugby’s Salary Cap Director is aware of this and approved this investment.

‘As Premiership Rugby will confirm, and as part of our new governance measures, Saracens work with and enjoy open lines of communication with the Salary Cap Director at PRL.’

If this sort of thing is going to be allowed to happen its making a mockery of the salary cap. Players should be free to run business outside rugby, they should be encouraged to run them, the grey area is the funding. A difficult area because of restraint of trade laws.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 08:42:26 AM »
And then take a look at Bristol, and then Sale.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »
It would be less of a grey area if players were not allowed to be involved with such companies until later in their career, by virtue of exclusivity clauses in England contracts preventing any other income, sponsorship, image rights the lot. All of that should be handled by a centralised body and put into a pot. We are almost in 'all black sitting on a tractor territory' if we allow their companies to be invested in by the likes of slimy Nige.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2021, 08:59:33 AM »
Neil Fissler tweeted this just before midnight last night.

"Saracens cancel media zoom call tomorrow after it emerges Nigel Wray bought shares in Owen Farrell image rights company. "
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2021, 09:09:12 AM »
You wonder what made them think this was ok. It is a very warped mindset.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2021, 09:10:33 AM »
The four guarantees in life... Birth, death, taxes and Saracens cheating the Salary Cap.

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2021, 10:10:57 AM »
I don't believe PLR would ever have investigated the EAs if the DM had not brought matters to a head, they were content to let things go on because it looked good for the EAs to keep winning in Europe, it reflected well on English rugby. If we have 1 thing to thank the DM for it's exposing the corruption within the EAsa as although everybody knew it was going on PLR were content to let it happen, as they are to this day. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2021, 10:28:21 AM »
I don't believe PLR would ever have investigated the EAs if the DM had not brought matters to a head, they were content to let things go on because it looked good for the EAs to keep winning in Europe, it reflected well on English rugby. If we have 1 thing to thank the DM for it's exposing the corruption within the EAsa as although everybody knew it was going on PLR were content to let it happen, as they are to this day.

I fully agree with you on this. Sadly I think it might still be the case.
Laura who worked hard on it left the DM for the Beeb. You see her regularly as a reporter. Hopefully her replacement has similar teeth for a story.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2021, 10:33:27 AM »
Plus i,  wycombewasp.  I don't usually read the Mail but I thank them from the bottom of my heart for their work on the EA's expose. and I hope they continue because sure as eggs the PLR won't.                     

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2021, 10:56:47 AM »

I fully agree with you on this. Sadly I think it might still be the case.
Laura who worked hard on it left the DM for the Beeb. You see her regularly as a reporter. Hopefully her replacement has similar teeth for a story.

At the BBC she will find herself heavily reigned in. They have a 'Don't upset the apple cart mentality' there. Questions asked of interviewees always seem pre-vetted and woolly or avoidance answers are never questioned or pushed. They might not tell outright lies, but the BBC are content to push whatever official story they are fed that day. If the RFU say 'All is well,' then for the BBC, there is 'nothing to see here.'

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2021, 12:14:24 PM »
Also  (I suspect)  the BBC aren't at all interested in Rugby Union.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2021, 12:21:18 PM »
Also  (I suspect)  the BBC aren't at all interested in Rugby Union.

You are correct RL floats their boat in Manchester.