Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The Estate Agents at it Again?  (Read 4070 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: The Estate Agents at it Again?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2021, 02:04:02 PM »
I'm sure that Nigel “The world's your lobster” Wray can be very persuasive. People hear what they want to hear.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2021, 02:05:39 PM »
And what did they think when they saw yet another British Lion or S African International being added to their squad?

No sympathy at all, and to let the coaches get away with it beggars belief.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »
The strange thing about the Sarries scandal is not that it happened, it's that none of those players or staff not benefiting from it personally blew the whistle on it, even those that had left the club.

The incentives don't select for whistle blowers.

If you're a star player you aren't going to complain as you're likely to be getting more than you would at any other club. If you're a squad player you get the glory of being in a winning team and if you move that alone increases your attractiveness to another club. Backroom staff get the kudos of working for a successful club.

Those that leave the club will keep quiet if they want to stay in the game, believe it or not whistle blowers are rarely respected and its often an end to their careers after the initial good publicity.

That leaves those retiring, why would they sully the memories of their own careers and have everyone think the only reason they were part of a winning team was because that team had cheated and they did nothing about it while they were playing and basking in the glory?

Whilst there were rumours, we know the human condition is that we want to believe the best of ourselves and those we associate with, and very few people in the club will have known with certainty what was going on.  With that in mind I'm in the camp that believes the players and staff had been convinced that everything was fine, because they wouldn't have taken much convincing.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 11:56:02 PM »
Still won't buy the RP or its sister papers over their 'Sarries as victims' narrative.

I cancelled my subscription for that very reason.

Thanks to the local library and press reader I get to read it for free, still don't read Nick Cain as it is only ever poor Sarries or PRL and RFU are corrupt.
I salute your principled stand.
Sometimes you have to vote with your feet, or in this case, wallet.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2021, 11:33:21 AM »
I haven't bought a copy ot the Rugby Paper since then either.

Cheating is in Sarries' DNA, they accepted relegation rather than open their records for scrutiny. How can anyone be surprised they are still at it?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2021, 06:41:05 PM »
As I’m reading this thread, the ad banner at the top of the page is advertising Complete Estate Agents.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 06:44:39 PM »
Mine reads - All Investments Stack Up by Bellway!!!!
Let me tell you something cucumber

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2021, 07:50:33 AM »
I haven't bought a copy ot the Rugby Paper since then either.

Cheating is in Sarries' DNA, they accepted relegation rather than open their records for scrutiny. How can anyone be surprised they are still at it?

This is what I find slightly puzzling.

If they haven't opened their books to scrutiny how do we know that they're not still at it? Surely there remains a need for forensic examination of their records to ensure compliance with the Prem regulations.

If not, then there's not been anything to suggest that the club is being run in accordance with those regulations. We can't take their word for it at face value, that's how this mess blew up in the first place.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2021, 09:32:59 AM »
Currently they are in the Championship, so no cap. What happens next year is anyone's guess....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2021, 09:59:38 AM »
Currently they are in the Championship, so no cap. What happens next year is anyone's guess....

Got to open their historical books. That will be hysterical.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »

Their historical books will be as hard to see as Trump's tax returns and for the same reason.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2021, 10:31:20 AM »

Their historical books will be as hard to see as Trump's tax returns and for the same reason.

Yep - Imaginary