Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Player In & Outs  (Read 2165 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Player In & Outs
« on: May 14, 2021, 04:20:24 PM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Player In & Outs
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2021, 10:49:11 PM »
The apparently already signed but not yet announced hooker continues to intrigue me. I can't work out whether we've targeted a prospect or an established performer to supplement the youth of Oghre and Barbeary.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2021, 11:32:22 PM »
Agree with this, a TJ Harris or Cruse when he first signed kind of signing would be perfect, like Hislop for example - an extremely capable player but potentially not with the expectations of playing every week. However, as we’ve seen with our championship signings, they often improve quickly and then we’re stuck with four hookers all wanting to be first choice.
No point bringing in another younger player with potential so it would have to be someone experienced maybe on their last contract who’s good enough to be second choice but won’t be too miffed at ending up as 4th choice.’

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 08:48:40 AM »
Agree with this, a TJ Harris or Cruse when he first signed kind of signing would be perfect, like Hislop for example - an extremely capable player but potentially not with the expectations of playing every week. However, as we’ve seen with our championship signings, they often improve quickly and then we’re stuck with four hookers all wanting to be first choice.
No point bringing in another younger player with potential so it would have to be someone experienced maybe on their last contract who’s good enough to be second choice but won’t be too miffed at ending up as 4th choice.’

I reckon TJ Harris would jump at the chance of coming back.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 04:25:24 PM »
I see Pieter Scholtz is on the confirmed Scarlets leavers list today. Wonder where he might end up???

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 04:47:05 PM »
I see Pieter Scholtz is on the confirmed Scarlets leavers list today. Wonder where he might end up???

Wonder if that’s news we will hear tomorrow

Jack9909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 10:43:35 PM »
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but saw Ali Crossdale got 2 tries for saracens toda in a 69 point rout of Ampthill.

Doesn't look like he has played too much so far this season so good to see him getting back to some form.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 10:58:08 PM »
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but saw Ali Crossdale got 2 tries for saracens toda in a 69 point rout of Ampthill.

Doesn't look like he has played too much so far this season so good to see him getting back to some form.

Yes good news, he seems to have been out injured for ages and some whispers that he’d been out a lot longer than expected like Mills and there were concerns - good to see him back - could make the 15 shirt his own next season 

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2021, 08:02:25 AM »

Wonder if that’s news we will hear tomorrow

Wasps like to mix their incoming and outgoing news. Suspect they will announce Juan, ZZ or Brookes departures next.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 05:10:34 PM »
Speculation elsewhere that a post on Instagram by Fekitoa indicates Minozzi might be leaving. I have no Italian so no idea if it translates to that or not. I did wonder if Minozzi's place was under threat given we have Miller, Crossdale and now Mehson.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 05:12:50 PM »
Speculation elsewhere that a post on Instagram by Fekitoa indicates Minozzi might be leaving. I have no Italian so no idea if it translates to that or not. I did wonder if Minozzi's place was under threat given we have Miller, Crossdale and now Mehson.

Saw that too - I wonder if it might just be him going back to Italy to recuperate with his family.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2021, 06:03:17 PM »

Saw that too - I wonder if it might just be him going back to Italy to recuperate with his family.

He's had a rough time of late, pulling out of the internationals and now this injury. I wish him well whatever he does.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2021, 06:10:26 PM »
Hope he stays with us, but has a long time back home to recover.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2021, 06:15:52 PM »
If its the same set of shots he posted on instagram, they look like they were on a night out and lots of shots of Fekitoa & other players & non players, with "my brother" " my skipper" etc. The one with Minozzi was titled "ciao fratelli" which googled translated as "hi brother"

I think we may be reading too much into drunken posts on instagram, but we need to wait & see. Minozzi seems to be enjoying his time here, so hopefully not going elsewhere permanently