Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Exeter player refuses jab  (Read 5346 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Re: Exeter player refuses jab
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2021, 01:06:58 PM »
Off Topic, but related to the above comments:

When I was doing my microbiology degree there was one girl who would always write shorhand for "organsims per millilitre" , which is usually "orgs/ml", as "organisms/ml". She, genuinly, did not understand why it caused such mirth.

Those were in the days when we all had to use pen and paper. If you needed to use a computer you had to submit punched cards to the computer operators.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2021, 01:38:15 PM »

When I was doing my microbiology degree there was one girl who would always write shorhand for "organsims per millilitre" , which is usually "orgs/ml", as "organisms/ml". She, genuinly, did not understand why it caused such mirth.

Those were in the days when we all had to use pen and paper. If you needed to use a computer you had to submit punched cards to the computer operators.

Google spell checker would agree with her.

Where is your boat moored and are you liveaboard?

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2021, 02:03:21 PM »
Boat is moored at a canal boat club near Marsworth on the Grand Union. Not live aboard  - we live in the Chilterns not too far north of High Wycombe.

Have taken the boat to the Ricoh once - "parked" it close to the footbridge near Judds Lane and walked to the stadium, but whilst moored it attracted unwanted attention from, I presume, some locals, so won't be taking it too close again - might moor close to Hawkesbury and cycle there if we do it in future.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2021, 04:05:36 PM »
Ah. I work (when health permits), as a volunteer lockkeeper at Knowle locks. If going North, it is the last 'safe' stop before you get past Walsall, with the stretch in between known locally as bandit country (don't moor overnight). The stretch of the Coventry around the Ricoh is not good.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2021, 04:11:55 PM »
Northampton's Rory Hutchinson was one of the people who queued up at Twickenham to get the vaccine on Monday. He's scored two first half tries against Henry Slade's Exeter and Northampton were 18-0 up at the break despite being a man down.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2021, 04:18:47 PM »

The one I always like is the sign in Tesco allowing to compare cost of toilet paper. It's sheets per pound, but shows shts per £.

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2021, 06:39:47 PM »
Boat is moored at a canal boat club near Marsworth on the Grand Union. Not live aboard  - we live in the Chilterns not too far north of High Wycombe.
O/T Roger, if you’re moored near Marsworth do you use the Red Lion, the Anglers or one of the other locals? Just wondering as I used to live in Wilstone before our move north.

RogerE

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2021, 08:14:42 PM »
O/T Roger, if you’re moored near Marsworth do you use the Red Lion, the Anglers or one of the other locals? Just wondering as I used to live in Wilstone before our move north.

We use the Red Lion a lot - nice little trip from the mooring, 2 locks each way and a trip to the Aylesbury Arm junction to turn the boat round for the trip back. Red Lion is 10mins from mooring by car, 45 miins by boat!.

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2021, 10:12:44 PM »
Good to find somebody that knows my old patch. 52 years living in Wilstone so used the Red occasionally. Have a pint for us next time you go in!