Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Saints v Wasps: Post Match thoughts.  (Read 2208 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Saints v Wasps: Post Match thoughts.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 08:58:30 AM »
Reading on Twatter that there may also have been a potential eye contact with Josh again the recipient.
I saw it at the side of the screen, it looked accidental, but still dangerous. 

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2021, 09:03:43 AM »
For the last few weeks I’ve been frustrated with people in here saying how unlucky we’ve been and that we’re not far off when the true is we just not been good enough. Then yesterday, ok saints were probably the better team and at times it looked like we were hanging on but the truth this week is the team were let down by the worst TMO performance since our trip to Newcastle. Biggar should have seen red and the knock on from the line out that lead to saints final try, these two incidents weren’t even subjective to opinion they were blatant and obvious.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2021, 09:10:19 AM »
"From the comments made it doesn’t seem that anything was made of the off the ball fracas where it looked like Umaga was punched ( from my angle ) whilst  on the floor . Ball was moving fast and away from incident  but I thought TMO (fat chance) or commentary would have picked up on it."

Can you remember when it was in the game? There was a moment (mid first half from memory) where he seemed to be struggling with someone off the ball and a brief mention from the commentary, but the game moved on.

I have have recorded game so will see if I can find when it was . Possibly Umaga was hanging on to  a saintsplayer who was stood above him ,  who gave a straight arm thrust into head area , but couldn’t see if it was open palm or fist . A few spectators must have spotted it as a small buzz went up, but probably not enough to draw attention to it. Second half  and we had an attacking ball whilst it happened.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2021, 09:11:59 AM »
For the last few weeks I’ve been frustrated with people in here saying how unlucky we’ve been and that we’re not far off when the true is we just not been good enough. Then yesterday, ok saints were probably the better team and at times it looked like we were hanging on but the truth this week is the team were let down by the worst TMO performance since our trip to Newcastle. Biggar should have seen red and the knock on from the line out that lead to saints final try, these two incidents weren’t even subjective to opinion they were blatant and obvious.

An easy question. Who was the TMO when we played at Newcastle? Yes, you've guessed it - Bacon Graham ( rhyming slang , bacon rind = blind)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2021, 09:42:35 AM »
I know we can blame the ref, but it's got to the point where every game I assume we're going to lose. Definitely something not working. Young players. Long pre season. Second season-itus (e.g. Northampton, Gloucester, Newcastle, Bath). Give them next season and see what happens.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2021, 12:26:23 PM »
REmember Saints have, apparently, the recipients of 10 Covid points and Wasps none.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2021, 12:29:04 PM »
I've always said that clean living is not good for you ::)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!