Always a Wasp

Author Topic: This weekend is time to start how we mean to go on!  (Read 1052 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
This weekend is time to start how we mean to go on!
« on: June 03, 2021, 07:34:57 PM »
Its been a tough season, injuries once more have hit key players at key times with such regularity over recent years that I wish my wife's ovulation period was as predictable! We could of formed our own squad of offspring if there was a parallel!

But perhaps with us back, a new momentum can be gained. No longer do the lads have to generate momentum alone...we will be back and cheering them along..and never has a better time arisen. We are pushing top 8, and the stadium does not need to be full to rock with our support. This weekend is about our lads making a statement, a show of intent that displays to all opponents that Wasps will always have the ability to play a game to blow challengers away, top tables and win silverware.

So now we are in the 48 hour countdown to kick off..Its time to show what we can do! Yes the years are different, but this sort of play is in our DNA, and it is time our team embraced it.....It should not concern them, but release them and their potential....We are Wasps, and it is high time we showed it! Get top 8, into the Champions cup, and send a message to the rest of the league that next season we are coming for them!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-d-RhFy8uY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb-ZZD3AkKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuY3IDcVyVU

COME ON YOU WASPS!!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 07:42:12 PM by Wombles »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: This weekend is time to start how we mean to go on!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 08:03:43 PM »
Thank you SO much!!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
Thanks for another piece of rousing prose and accompanying illustrations! Little confused if you do mean this weekend ? Or are you too going to Brentford ! Certainly think you should be invited as a mascot or water boy to get into the changing room and tell them what it means to be a wasp !

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2021, 08:47:46 PM »
Thanks for another piece of rousing prose and accompanying illustrations! Little confused if you do mean this weekend ? Or are you too going to Brentford ! Certainly think you should be invited as a mascot or water boy to get into the changing room and tell them what it means to be a wasp !

Give me Stings costume and I would Dance from kick off to last kick! Unfortunately my wife is working weekend nights still so i could not be there as no one else to go with....So its the sofa and cheering every second for me! Although I am very much looking forward to seeing every Wasp supporter there do us proud!  ;D

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2021, 08:56:15 PM »

Give me Stings costume and I would Dance from kick off to last kick! Unfortunately my wife is working weekend nights still so i could not be there as no one else to go with....So its the sofa and cheering every second for me! Although I am very much looking forward to seeing every Wasp supporter there do us proud!  ;D

I shall try to elevate my decibels in honour of you!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 09:36:52 PM »
I suspect we will be very well represented in Brentford (Premier League's newest ground incidentally) on Saturday.

Took a long time to sell out, so could well be that Wasps fans hoovered up a lot of the general sale tickets, particularly given that we still have a strong fan base locally.

(Great opening post BTW)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2021, 03:05:53 AM »
Top post.
I certainly think there is Wasp DNA.
For one thing Wasps have a style of attacking rugby and a history of ball handling forwards before they were fashionable.
For another they have been the waif and stray team for most of the past 25 years.
The team of resilience in the face of adversity, with a crowd of fans who exist up and down the country as a diaspora rather than geographically centred.
I really think a W is on the cards despite having a better team of crocks than fit. Sooner or later we will get the non brown end of the referee stick, and those green shoots will count for something.
I don't expect a decent maul overnight, but the hard grounds of late are starting to yield dividends in open play.