Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Irish v Wasps: Post match thoughts.  (Read 3308 times)

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Irish v Wasps: Post match thoughts.
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2021, 03:32:11 PM »
Echoing a few of the other posters, Brentford Community Stadium is a great place for an away day.  Went with the kids and all made to feel very welcome, super clean stadium and well organised bars.  One benefit of few fans (compared to normal) is no queueing anywhere.  Easy access on transport and plenty of parking a short walk away.

Great atmosphere, the noise really echoes round, it felt way more than 4K of us inside.  Ended up sat not far from one of our players family, who were sat with one of the Irish teams other halves.

Nerves completely shot by the end of the game.  I think the Apple Watch had thought I’d been doing a workout based on my Heart Rate!

More than anything, nice to be back with a cold pint in hand on a sunny day to watch a bit of live on-pitch action.

In terms of the match, my wife had to remind me that Vailanu is off at the end of the season thought both he and JTA made seismic contributions to yesterday and really put themselves about.  Willis deserves the plaudits, but both of those two worthy of a mention.  Charlie also showed plenty of bravery, Targetted at most of the re-starts and didn’t shirk the oncoming tacklers despite being whacked a few times.

Bring on Tigers next week!