Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Socially distanced Player Tunnel?  (Read 914 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Socially distanced Player Tunnel?
« on: June 05, 2021, 10:27:04 PM »
Anyone with links to the club able to contact them this week? Not only is Tigers a huge game, now a derby, but also a long standing massive rivalry between our two clubs. But also champions cup qualification rides on it, and it is the first game back with fans back at our home! Surely one way to pump the boys up is to have a supporters tunnel when the lads arrive at the ground to walk through (socially distanced of course). I cannot think of a better way to pump them up than us showing them how much they and the club means!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Socially distanced Player Tunnel?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 10:40:30 PM »
Anyone with links to the club able to contact them this week? Not only is Tigers a huge game, now a derby, but also a long standing massive rivalry between our two clubs. But also champions cup qualification rides on it, and it is the first game back with fans back at our home! Surely one way to pump the boys up is to have a supporters tunnel when the lads arrive at the ground to walk through (socially distanced of course). I cannot think of a better way to pump them up than us showing them how much they and the club means!

Derek reads this forum, as do one or two others at the club. I suspect they will see this, but I wonder if it might be logistically impossible...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Socially distanced Player Tunnel?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 10:45:13 PM »

Derek reads this forum, as do one or two others at the club. I suspect they will see this, but I wonder if it might be logistically impossible...

I dont know...park the coach further from the stadium, mark out a route and places to stand, advertise it on the website and social media platforms and we have a goer. Derek if you read this I have enough chalk, a measuring tape and the tenacity to mark this out and make it happen (with your permission of course!)  ;D