Always a Wasp

Author Topic: More leavers??  (Read 5890 times)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: More leavers??
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2021, 09:47:02 PM »
There was someone on FB a while ago who knew Zhvania well apparently and said he was under contract for next year but surely he would have played by now if that was the case, hasn’t even been travelling reserves
imagine he is long gone already

There was also something about him being  being out of favour. He isn't fond of a lot of coaching methods.

In football he'd be sold by now, but in rugby union players just stay until it ends.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2021, 10:06:26 PM »
Shocked that Sirker and McIntyre are leaving.

Sirker has been a try scoring machine for the Development XV. Perhaps McIntyre hasn’t played enough recently but I thought his re-signing was a formality. He has been a great servant. Big shame.

Suspect ZZ left some time ago.

Best wishes to all the leavers.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »

ZZ probably home already, LHs of West, Harris, Hislop, Nearchou still pretty strong, potentially 2 internationals in there before next season starts.

Nearchou is tight head according to Wasps website player profile. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

Think Nearchou played Loosie in the recent U23 game with Hardwick at TH
(Pleasants at LH and Cordice at TH coming through after that)

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2021, 10:24:18 PM »

ZZ probably home already, LHs of West, Harris, Hislop, Nearchou still pretty strong, potentially 2 internationals in there before next season starts.

Nearchou is tight head according to Wasps website player profile. Otherwise, I'd agree with you.

I was looking at young Rob Hardwick on the Development team footage v LI. His Dad played for Barkers Butts then Cov before joining London Irish. One to keep an eye on I think.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2021, 12:01:16 AM »

I was looking at young Rob Hardwick on the Development team footage v LI. His Dad played for Barkers Butts then Cov before joining London Irish. One to keep an eye on I think.

Very much so I think. Got into a bit of trouble in the past, which is why he left Leicester (like his brother too) but hopefully that is all behind him. At U18s he was tipped for the very top.
His brother is still without a club too I believe and could be a great option for anyone moving forward at 10/12

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2021, 06:56:34 AM »

That was the way round posted on here when a team sheet was put up.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2021, 07:00:27 AM »
Sirker probably wants to play some regular rugby given his past injuries which is most likely not to happen at Wasps now and probably not likely at another Prem club yet, his best option for that would be Championship or even US league if he stays injury free.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2021, 07:13:14 AM »

Played LH in u23 game recently as well as for Benetton and for England u18 / 19 previously but your right the website says TH also says can play hooker!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2021, 08:18:51 AM »

Played LH in u23 game recently as well as for Benetton and for England u18 / 19 previously but your right the website says TH also says can play hooker!

Fair enough!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2021, 09:08:52 AM »
Brookes, McIntyre, Sirker now confirmed. No mention of Zhvania. Given that this is a "group" leaver announcement that seems odd. Or maybe they just knew the cat was out of the bag with the picture doing the rounds?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2021, 09:11:30 AM »
Confirmation from the offy.

Trio to leave Wasps at the end of the season

https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/trio-to-leave-wasps-at-the-end-of-the-season/
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2021, 09:13:51 AM »
And from Bobby Bridge:

Two props with a vast amount of Premiership experience are heading out of the Ricoh Arena club

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/rugby-transfer-news-wasps-brookes-20780327
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2021, 09:19:20 AM »
I think the cat was let out of the bag early, given Jeff took his Instagram post down.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2021, 09:25:47 AM »
The more I read on this the more I think the scenario is that Wasps possibly wanted to retain McIntyre but ZZ is still in contract. So we lose McIntyre and retain ZZ by dint of that.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2021, 09:27:09 AM »
Brookes we were expecting, a loss but not much can be done if he is off to Toulon for his last big pay day..
Sirker is a shame, would have loved to see him develop but as has been mentioned elsewhere, if he can't get a start in the Championship and maybe wants away to get some game time, it may be for thebest. Have a feeling he might come back to haunt Wasps in the future...

Don't think anyone saw McIntyre leaving! real shame but he hasn't really played much rugby in the last 2 years with injuries so maybe its a good time to let him go?

JTA might be in the head masters office later for letting the cat out the bag :)