Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 3445 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: December 10, 2017, 07:03:44 AM »
Morning from a wet and windy Hampshire.

I'm up horribly early and for no real reason. Currently sat on the sofa browsing the Rugby news to see if there is anything interesting.

Not hopeful about today, we often do well in France but usually because our style suits the better weather conditions.

I'll be pleased with a losing bonus point...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:12:24 AM »
Morning VV!

Working from home, as usual on a Sunday.  Tried to get an early start on it so that I can be more or less done by the time kickoff comes around.  I'll probably just do a bit more after the game finishes anyway, make sure my plate is relatively empty before everything new comes in for tomorrow.

Excited about this one, but nervous too.  No idea how Roch have been playing, or what to expect, but I'd like to think we can get at least a point, and actually feel we should be targeting a win, as I suspect Ulster might beat Quins.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 07:46:50 AM »
Morning Raggs and VV

Kept burying my head under the duvet, but the cats wanted feeding and pestering me.

Just as well no home match today, as it is very snowy here in South Warwickshire, with no sign of the sun.

I just checked to see what work there was to do (I work for 3 companies as online global software support) and I quickly replied to almost all of the tickets, just one complicated one to do. Quality. Wait for Miss NWW to wake up and snowman building it is.

Hope our lads can do it today as that was a big loss yesterday to see JCW out.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 08:04:07 AM »
If the boys can stand in this wind and are not fastly dissolved in this currently torrential rain we stand a chance of at least being on the pitch. There is always hope - i think!
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »
I seem to recall that the pitch there is like a pebble beach with tiny stones, with a thin layer of turf and soil on top. It drains quite well, but cuts up really badly in very wet weather. It never ceases to amaze me that French teams spend so much on the stadium and players, and so little on the pitch.

Better than trying to play in snow though.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 09:23:07 AM »
Morning all from Oxfordshire. Just about to go out and entertain the daughter with some sledging and snowball fights.

Big ask for Wasps today and a big shift is required from Chesty and Marty if we are not going to give away a large number of penalty scrums.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 09:28:11 AM »
Morning VV et al,

Brandy in the coffee this morning as the snow is falling thick and fast in Staffs. Working up the bravery to take the dog for a walk and pick up the RP from the village shop.

Looking at the size of the La Rochelle team I fear for us today. Hopefully we get through this without any injuries.

COYWs!
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 09:37:00 AM »
Any Wasps stuff in the rugby paper?

All this talk of snow, I'm sitting in around 14 degrees, getting close to 20 at the hottest apparently.  Bloody lucky sods you are.  There again, I'm a bit concerned about when we're visiting in a weeks time, I've got very very little warm clothing, and starting to wonder what to do for the Gloucester match... might have to ask my dad if he's got any sweatshirts I could borrow!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 01:12:19 PM »
You might have to go straight to the Wasps shop and buy some extra layers...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 01:50:58 PM »
You might have to go straight to the Wasps shop and buy some extra layers...

I've got a Wasps coat, but only plan on getting the training shirt at the shop I think, can't ignore the 20% reduction in price to get the replica shirt at Sports Direct.  Need to get the missus a scarf, so I'll borrow that in the meantime.