Always a Wasp

Author Topic: All storms must end.  (Read 969 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
All storms must end.
« on: June 12, 2021, 08:57:51 PM »
This last 16-18 months has been pretty bosh! I have seen us all go into hiding. I have had to go to work, driving through streets empty of people, and the hum of life locked behind doors. I have treated & assessed covid patients daily decked out in PPE -although admittedly I am much better looking behind a face mask, protective eyewear and a face shield - whilst also working my damdest not to bring this pain in the ar#e virus home to my own family. I lived in isolation for many months with just my wife, and even had to be separate from her when covid got into our own household.  I have lost colleagues to this pandemic and watched funeral corteges pass whilst we all stood with heads bowed led by lone pipers. I have counselled many of my patients who have been forced into their own pathway of grief and survival whilst also seeing the my NHS work computer text change from the blue of life to the red of death of patients I have known really well and assisted for years pass on. And now I am starting to support and assist my NHS colleagues who have developed PTSD, anxiety and depression as they have given over themselves physically and mentally to treat as many as they can with everything they have.

But equally I have seen wonderful things. I have seen communities, friends, families, strangers, churches, councils, volunteers, everyday people step up. They have gone to work, kept supply chains moving, sought out those most vulnerable and chosen without reward to help and support them. I have seen warmth and love extended through the hardest of times. I have witnessed more people than i can count run towards the battle rather than turn away. I have had faith restored at a time when it has been tested most strongly. I have been humbled on more occasions than I can count due to the sacrifice of others. We may have lost many more then we could wish to...but I have seen humanity rise when there were more than enough reasons for it to fall.

When I saw sport return my heart elevated, I saw the toil of those determined to give us something to look forward to, something to get excited for. I was given the opportunity to feel, to reach for normality, and most importantly I started to feel like I was living rather than existing. So I hold no shame that today, despite not being there in person, I turned the TV up, closed my eyes and listened as our boys ran onto the field....And I heard happiness....I heard cheering....I heard hope, and I felt tears of joy run down my face. We are winning! and we will win this battle!

So to all my fellow Waspies, your families and friends, We will see each other again.... we will all stand together, commiserate together and celebrate together whilst we see our boys run out in the premiership and also in the champions cup! and we will win out against this virus!!!

All storms must end! And this one will!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_wdAD2dlDw
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 09:08:11 PM by Wombles »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: All storms must end.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2021, 09:18:29 PM »
Well said and very true, Wombles.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 09:28:44 PM »
Well said Wombles puts everything into perspective OAWAAW

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 12:54:17 AM »
We go again next year with reasons to be cheerful, a champions cup place and the possibility that we can all attend games and enjoy being Wasps fans to the full. We have a bright young team and as recent games show, even if we come up short now and then, we provide some of the best games in the Prem on a consistent basis.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 02:58:35 AM »
As they say on reddit, have my upvote!

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 08:10:31 AM »
Agreed Shugs.  Here's to the future.