Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Complaint  (Read 1539 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Complaint
« on: June 13, 2021, 01:13:59 PM »
We were in the East Stand and found it very difficult if not impossible to hear any announcements due to muffled sound and low volume. The presentations were mostly lost with only Si's voice partly cutting through.
We have in the past commented "upstairs" about similar in parts of the West. With footy coming back I can see them complaining.

Anyone else find themselves straining to hear before I send an email. Other grounds I have been to have booming clear sound.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Complaint
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 01:26:40 PM »
We were in the East Stand and found it very difficult if not impossible to hear any announcements due to muffled sound and low volume. The presentations were mostly lost with only Si's voice partly cutting through.
We have in the past commented "upstairs" about similar in parts of the West. With footy coming back I can see them complaining.

Anyone else find themselves straining to hear before I send an email. Other grounds I have been to have booming clear sound.

The music and lyrics are always clear through the speakers so could be something to do with the radio microphones used or their settings although not technical enough to know what!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 01:34:20 PM »

The music and lyrics are always clear through the speakers so could be something to do with the radio microphones used or their settings although not technical enough to know what!

True - Back in Black was clear enough.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
We think it is the mikes. At the start none of us 4 (ages 16 to  84) could understand a flippin' word so gave up trying to understand. This was the female announcer.  The music  fared better.  The  closing ceremony could have been about anything at all,  and that was sad as we would have really to hear the plaudits  and farewells.  The sound system has been rubbish for quite a while.  I've given  up on it.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 01:59:59 PM »
The missing word second on the third line is 'loved'.  Did you spot it?  Sorry - no prizes.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 02:21:09 PM »
Agree, I think it's the on field mikes. Needs sorting.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »
I was tucked away in the NW corner, fairly high up. Could hear pretty much all that was said.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 08:58:57 PM »

This was discussed at one of the fans forums (fora?) held before the first lockdown.

From my notes it appears it is something to do with the timbre of Pete Nuttalls voice, however having heard his dulcet tones at various other sporting venues with no problem, I think there is something more that needs to be done, especially about the Easy Stand speakers

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 09:09:39 PM »
Unless Pete Nuttall  has had a life-changing operation it definitely  wasn't his voice on Sunday at around 1330.  Definitely female. And completely  unintelligible.  As was the ceremony at the end.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 09:13:15 PM »

This was discussed at one of the fans forums (fora?) held before the first lockdown.

From my notes it appears it is something to do with the timbre of Pete Nuttalls voice, however having heard his dulcet tones at various other sporting venues with no problem, I think there is something more that needs to be done, especially about the Easy Stand speakers

I think this was as a result of my previous complaint/please about the standard in sections of the West Stand.

I had hoped that in the closed period something might have improved.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 10:22:32 AM »
We were in the SE corner and literally couldn't hear a word of the post match send offs, nor any team changes/try scorers etc during the match.  Just muffled, unintelligible noise.  Definitely needs sorting.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 12:43:23 PM »
Agree, I think it's the on field mikes. Needs sorting.
We were halfway up east stand, halfway line, row FF, normally in AA.
Music and Chesty clear, almost everything else indistinguishable, particularly Pete, as is normally the case. I think it's the way he seems to shout into the Mike, rather than speak at a lower volume. Otherwise how come Chesty was clear to most of the preceeding posters?