Always a Wasp

Author Topic: GP Final all tickets cancelled  (Read 978 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
GP Final all tickets cancelled
« on: June 18, 2021, 08:54:25 PM »
HMG have refused to allow the GP Final as a test event. Hence all 20K tickets sold have been cancelled.

Limit is now 10K and tix will be prioritised to the finalists.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: GP Final all tickets cancelled
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 10:28:37 AM »
Seems like a bit of a cock up on Premiership Rugby's behalf to be selling tickets before they got permission to run it as a test event?

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 11:09:20 AM »
Except like many other events, theatre, live music as well as sport, they had sold tickets on the understanding that from Monday we would be living free of many restrictions.

Marlow Nick

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 01:01:50 PM »
I'm getting rather tired of the bias in favour of soccer.
Football has multiple "trials" which don't seem to be trialling anything except the effect of 20k fans squeezed into quarter of a stadium without masks and hugging each other. At the same time I see pictures of Scotland football fans  doing the conga outside London pubs or squeezed together without masks in a beer garden to view the match. Should we expect a covid surge in Scotland over the next 2 weeks?

Meanwhile rugby isn't allowed a trial and isn't allowed 25% seating with spacing and masks.

🤔

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2021, 02:31:02 PM »
I'm getting rather tired of the bias in favour of soccer.
Football has multiple "trials" which don't seem to be trialling anything except the effect of 20k fans squeezed into quarter of a stadium without masks and hugging each other. At the same time I see pictures of Scotland football fans  doing the conga outside London pubs or squeezed together without masks in a beer garden to view the match. Should we expect a covid surge in Scotland over the next 2 weeks?

Meanwhile rugby isn't allowed a trial and isn't allowed 25% seating with spacing and masks.

🤔

And 2,500 VIPs being shipped in for the Euro final with no restrictions. HMG really do need to take a very hard look at themselves. Hang on a minute, a UK/IRL bid for Soccer WC in 2030 to be supported by UEFA!! Stinks.