Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 1196 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: July 04, 2021, 09:16:37 AM »
No Wasps news. Small short on signing Carr and Fifita.
Good interview with Ash in My Life In Rugby.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 10:18:42 AM »
It does seem that our transfer activity is not making the rumour columns so maybe that's not a surprise. Be interesting to hear what others are expecting new signing wise. Personally I'm thinking we might see a "squad" lock and a centre.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 10:23:15 AM »
It does seem that our transfer activity is not making the rumour columns so maybe that's not a surprise. Be interesting to hear what others are expecting new signing wise. Personally I'm thinking we might see a "squad" lock and a centre.

Much as I like to see rumours - good and bad. I love it that we seem to be operating under the radar currently.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 11:00:05 AM »

I think that's accurate. I don't think there will be anymore big signings, possibly championship signings.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 11:28:49 AM »
Yes, the centre may even be some sort of short term loan until Odogwu and Mills are available. Unless I've missed something we're also due an update on Academy to senior squad progressions?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 12:06:13 PM »
Unless I've missed something we're also due an update on Academy to senior squad progressions?

+1

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 12:06:51 PM »
Yes, the centre may even be some sort of short term loan until Odogwu and Mills are available. Unless I've missed something we're also due an update on Academy to senior squad progressions?

Only Atkinson has been announced but was done more in the way of a contract renewal announcement rather than advertised as an academy promotion.
Curran and Nearchou would be next in line I imagine as they have done two years in the academy however things may be different this year as there hasn’t been much rugby and maybe a three year stint in the academy might be on the cards.
Bacon and Jude Williams are options too but again have not had a lot of rugby and Bacon is only just back from a bad knee injury

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 02:16:39 PM »

According to Blackett & Rugby Pass, the two publicly-stated vacancies left are a second row and a centre (based on the assumption Fifita is the “frontline second row” previously mentioned). Blackett did also say he wouldn’t be rushed to fill those positions if the ’right’ kind of player wasn’t available.