Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Prem fixtures out today  (Read 3394 times)

MarleyWasp

Re: Prem fixtures out today
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2021, 08:34:47 AM »
I've copied this post by TP17 on Shedweb:- Does anyone know how the bye weeks are decided? Bristol have 11 fixtures between their byes, whereas Wasps have 21!

Glaws on the other hand have their breaks in November (round eight) and February (round seventeen) which seems fair to me.

This is actually scandalous. Somebody should have on to this before the dates were released.

This is actually incorrect. We have 18 Rounds between byes, however all clubs have two weeks off in November so we actually have a 7 game block, two weeks off, 14 game block, week off, one match, week off and then we move into the run in with potentials for two blocks of two weeks off depending on how badly we do in Europe.

What is really unfair is that if London Irish don't make the playoffs or the Challenge Cup final, their season will end the weekend of 21/22 May. Every other club will have at least two weeks of the season to go. This will give Irish a massive advantage next season.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2021, 09:02:11 AM »
In addition, if we don't make the HC round of 16, there will be a further 3 weeks off. Throw in not making the GP playoffs and there are two more. All hypothetical but possible.

There looks to be more breaks this season than previously.

Will the A league start again?

MarleyWasp

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2021, 09:54:51 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the A League gets amalgamated into the Premiership Cup. The plan for last season was to play the Premiership Cup midweek in April and May, and it will most likely be a midweek tournament this season as there are only three weekends without Premiership or European matches scheduled throughout the entire season.

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2021, 05:58:47 PM »
In addition, if we don't make the HC round of 16, there will be a further 3 weeks off.

If we don't make round of 16 we could still go into the Challenge Cup. We beat Montpellier in Heineken last season and they ended up winning the Challenge Cup.