Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Paulo video  (Read 1065 times)

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Paulo video
« on: July 21, 2021, 03:56:19 PM »
This is obvious a series with Jacob last week & Paulo this week, wonder who will be next week?

https://youtu.be/Tfhpz7oKspw

IMO he & Jacob come over as very thoughtful & impressive young men, well done to both of them and the club for providing them the platform

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Paulo video
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 03:59:15 PM »
This is obvious a series with Jacob last week & Paulo this week, wonder who will be next week?

https://youtu.be/Tfhpz7oKspw

IMO he & Jacob come over as very thoughtful & impressive young men, well done to both of them and the club for providing them the platform

+1.

Jacob has a good family around him. I’m sure Paolo does too.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 06:30:16 PM »
I loved both Jacob's and Paolo's videos. It's given me great insight into how the guys think outside of rugby.
I'm actually quite proud of Wasps because of Paolo's statement regarding Wasps being one of the most multi-cultural clubs in the premiership.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 06:52:06 PM »
I loved both Jacob's and Paolo's videos. It's given me great insight into how the guys think outside of rugby.
I'm actually quite proud of Wasps because of Paolo's statement regarding Wasps being one of the most multi-cultural clubs in the premiership.

And ... we have Ollie Monye coming through the academy, which would answer one of his points. Maybe Ollie will be the first black Premiership scrum half?

I have previously talked about how the system is rigged towards private school players, and how Wasps really need to get into Secondary Schools in the South Midlands in a big way, both for girls and boys. I started playing rugby at my primary school, a state primary school. How common is that these days? But needed.

With Nemo back, will we also have the only Muslim Premiership player? So many potential players in the Asian community in Coventry and Leamington, but with no role model.

Rugby has a long road yet to travel, but each journey starts with the first steps.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 09:48:02 PM »

And ... we have Ollie Monye coming through the academy, which would answer one of his points. Maybe Ollie will be the first black Premiership scrum half?

I have previously talked about how the system is rigged towards private school players, and how Wasps really need to get into Secondary Schools in the South Midlands in a big way, both for girls and boys. I started playing rugby at my primary school, a state primary school. How common is that these days? But needed.

With Nemo back, will we also have the only Muslim Premiership player? So many potential players in the Asian community in Coventry and Leamington, but with no role model.

Rugby has a long road yet to travel, but each journey starts with the first steps.

Quite right on so many fronts.

“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2021, 01:18:18 AM »
Well said