Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rob Miller... Definitely staying next season  (Read 2229 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Rob Miller... Definitely staying next season
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
+1 think Rob is grossly underrated by some .

and, IMO, over rated by others.
He's a great squad player who can slot in a number of positions but he hasn't been a first choice starter if everyone is fit for a few seasons. I suspect he fully understands this by the fact he's still at wasps.
For me, re-signing these kind of players is the next step on the path to a successful team. Blowing all the cap on superstars is lovely, but without experienced back up as well as academy coming through, it won't win you anything. All IMO of course

I said something similar about Booj recently. Squad players who know their job is to come in when needed and put in solid, but not flashy, performances are worth their weight in gold. What you don't need is squad players who try to play beyond their ability to prove something and try to get a regular starting position giving stupid points away.

With the focus on player welfare I think Rob and Booj will get plenty of opportunities to play.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 03:06:46 PM »
Miller is valuable to have around. Our lack of depth at 10 makes him even more so.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2021, 05:04:50 PM »
One evening in Treviso, back in 2006, was sitting in the hotel bar with Leon Holden and Shaun (not that I'm name-dropping of course!), and during the discussion Shaun said something along the lines of "Star names may bring-in the punters but it's the good squad players who win you the matches.

Not that he knows anything about Rugby though  :)