Always a Wasp

Author Topic: New kit incoming?  (Read 5696 times)

MarleyWasp

Re: New kit incoming?
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2021, 10:00:24 AM »
The thing about the Vodafone logo on replica kits, is the logo doesn't actually change with the size of the shirt, therefore the bigger size you buy, the smaller the logo appears.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2021, 10:06:30 AM »
Hoops would have been my preference, but almost plain black would be second, I guess this is almost, plain black, so not too bad I suppose.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2021, 10:23:31 AM »
I like it. Not over fussy and quite simple. Would have been better just to have a shot of a player in the kit as I think the gold hooped socks (presumed) will set it all off.

Works for me too. Prefer unfussy

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2021, 11:00:49 AM »
I like the gold "honeycomb" trim. At least in the studio lighting it looks very good. It'll probably get lost on TV wide shots during games but that's okay as Wasps traditionally played in mostly black shirts.

I also like the look of the new logo on the shirts. I had no strong feelings either way when it was announced but then absolutely hate the look of it with the yellow background the club use on their Twitter account. But now I like it on the shirt! Strange isn't it!

Wait, does it say "Wright Hassall" on the upper chest area? As in, "It's a Wright Hassall going all the way to Coventry to watch Wasps!"  ;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2021, 11:05:23 AM by Trevs Big Tackle »

MarleyWasp

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2021, 11:12:09 AM »
Wait, does it say "Wright Hassall" on the upper chest area? As in, "It's a Wright Hassall going all the way to Coventry to watch Wasps!"  ;D

https://www.wrighthassall.co.uk/ - The most appropriately named named solicitors I've seen since Dozie & Co...

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2021, 11:35:06 AM »

https://www.wrighthassall.co.uk/ - The most appropriately named named solicitors I've seen since Dozie & Co...
Excellent!  ;D

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2021, 12:32:31 PM »
A tad neutral for me. However on a dark day, in the rain, we might get away with a few more indiscetions on the park!!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2021, 01:06:08 PM »
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2021, 01:31:03 PM »
I quite like it. I like the predominant black colour, I like the subtle gold highlights, and I even like the Vodafone sponsor badge. It is a blatant sign of how successful our management team is that such a global tech company is willing to partner with us.

Compare it to Chiefs being sponsored by their owner, or Sarries being sponsored by a financial services company noone has heard of. 

I'll be buying one and wearing it with pride.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2021, 01:37:46 PM »
Marley, Tame  and Neils -I agree  with you all!   Wombles -  no  -  I didn't have the spare minute just then!  I did try again  later and decided that  the design probably appeals to the younger in mind and/or body, which  counts me out.  It might look better when  worn by the players.  I couldn't wear it anyway as I'm allergic to polyester, hence my all-round all-time fav. is the 150th Anniversary .... black with white collar and cuffs,  in cotton.  I  must try to get out more.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2021, 01:58:23 PM »
I wish we could have convinced Vodafone to use a yellow background, rather than the white, but overall, I quite like the kit.

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2021, 02:20:35 PM »
I wish we could have convinced Vodafone to use a yellow background, rather than the white, but overall, I quite like the kit.

Kaiser Chiefs football team from South Africa have the right idea with their Vodacom sponsorship. The colour just matches the shirt.

Damian68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2021, 05:46:48 PM »
I like the gold "honeycomb" trim. At least in the studio lighting it looks very good. It'll probably get lost on TV wide shots during games but that's okay as Wasps traditionally played in mostly black shirts.

I also like the look of the new logo on the shirts. I had no strong feelings either way when it was announced but then absolutely hate the look of it with the yellow background the club use on their Twitter account. But now I like it on the shirt! Strange isn't it!

I think I like the new kit - simple and understated!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2021, 08:26:35 PM »
Tried to have a view -  found I was in a Q - "please wait 1 minute" -  No way matey - might maybe look again tomorrow.  Maybe.

Wonky, you could not wait one minute??? I know its a fast food society nowadays, but as a kid I was happy to wait half an hour for a game to load on my Amstrad computer. It is worth the wait buddy, the site is easy to navigate and professional throughout.
Sad confession- I still do load games on cassettes into 8 bits, and I restore degraded cassettes with WAV files. The old fashioned way.
Never had an Amstrad, but always fancied owning a CPC 464 though.
On the kit, as ever I am happy enough, and will be hoping for a supporter version in cotton.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2021, 11:09:04 PM »
Had an amstrad. Had some tape playing thing before that and i believe in the distant past i recall having to type in code from books. Then it was an Amiga and then a pc with sx 25mhz processor...

These days it's still a pc but having great fun with a quest 2 vr headset too.