Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ryan Mills Injury Update  (Read 2084 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Mills Injury Update
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 07:09:32 AM »
His latest recovery clearly isn’t going to plan:

“He had that second operation and we were looking at six months from then," he said. "I think his forecast game is the same as Joe Launchbury so we're looking around Christmas for him.”

His second op was on March 22nd, so a 6-month recovery should of seen him back at the end of September, not end of December (i.e. making it a 9-month recovery). This is now the 4th delay to his return from this single injury.

Can’t be easy for him or the club and means 12 will continue to be a critical position in terms of depth.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 07:42:45 AM »
Good news on Tom west though.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2021, 09:07:52 AM »
I’m pleased to hear Ryan is recovering. Good news .

Damian68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 11:35:24 AM »
I’m pleased to hear Ryan is recovering. Good news .

Good news indeed!

Hopefully Ryan will be able to make an immediate impact when he's fully fit and we can start to see a return on our investment.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2021, 11:44:53 AM »
With Mills now pencilled in for the New Year (earliest and hopefully) we are going to have almost a quarter of a team coming  back - maybe.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2021, 05:19:26 PM »
Good news. That MleB is now a vet of over 40 games means that we'll at least have solidity in the 12 shirt when needed and more use of the fullback as second 5/8th - regardless of who - means that we will have threats from both set and open play involving more players than just the 12. (I know that's an oversimplification) But as Charlie, Matteo and Rob are all accomplished at 15 and good distributors - it can take pressure off the 12.

When Ryan is fit and firing - will take time - we'll have choice at 12 that will really help get the best out of the wider backs.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 05:47:25 PM »
Good news. That MleB is now a vet of over 40 games means that we'll at least have solidity in the 12 shirt when needed and more use of the fullback as second 5/8th - regardless of who - means that we will have threats from both set and open play involving more players than just the 12. (I know that's an oversimplification) But as Charlie, Matteo and Rob are all accomplished at 15 and good distributors - it can take pressure off the 12.

When Ryan is fit and firing - will take time - we'll have choice at 12 that will really help get the best out of the wider backs.

Not forgetting The Jimmy!!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 12:39:53 AM »
A very telling moment happened between Mills and Fekitoa - I remember the moment clearly although can’t remember the game or whether it was definitely Fekitoa who scored - Mills received the 12 bit of magic and perhaps a one handed pass that put Fekitoa through to score (i think)

Fekitoa then turned to go to Mills, they pointed at each other, laughing and celebrated and to me it just looked like they both knew that that partnership could be special!
Worth a look if anyone can remember better than me and find a clip.
Mills was cruelly then dealt another injury blow and we are yet to see the relationship blossom.
Hopefully after Xmas.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 08:11:08 AM »

Not forgetting The Jimmy!!

Must have been low on coffee...I'll go and repent! Ditto Crossdale from 15......provides some choice!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 09:04:35 AM »
A very telling moment happened between Mills and Fekitoa - I remember the moment clearly although can’t remember the game or whether it was definitely Fekitoa who scored - Mills received the 12 bit of magic and perhaps a one handed pass that put Fekitoa through to score (i think)

Fekitoa then turned to go to Mills, they pointed at each other, laughing and celebrated and to me it just looked like they both knew that that partnership could be special!
Mills was cruelly then dealt another injury blow and we are yet to see the relationship blossom.
Hopefully after Xmas.

It was Jacob's try against Leicester. 2m 24 in: https://youtu.be/pj3nqpY_cXw

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2021, 09:12:08 AM »
at 2:42.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 10:30:43 AM »

Hopefully after Xmas.

It was Jacob's try against Leicester. 2m 24 in: https://youtu.be/pj3nqpY_cXw

That’s the one! Great to see and hope we see it again ASAP

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »
My goodness that was fun. I almost felt sorry for Tigers.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2021, 12:56:15 PM »
My goodness that was fun. I almost felt sorry for Tigers.

Almost...  ;D
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here