Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Cavalry on the way!  (Read 2614 times)

Horusthewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Cavalry on the way!
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 11:21:35 AM »
It is interesting to see how open Wasps and their players are about fitness and injuries, but Gloucester have just decided to issue no news whatsoever about the same subject. So, if a player is missing from the teamsheet, the fans will have no idea why.

They claim it is to protect the player's privacy, but, as those of you know, most players seem to fill their Insta accounts with pics and videos of their injuries and medical treatment, so I think we can take that excuse/reason with a lorry load of salt.

It’s a strange 180 change from Gloucester - going from full transparency last season to this. As a club supporter this must be highly frustrating. I know it would be if Blackett were to do the same.
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/gloucester-rugby-chief-explains-new-5931677.amp

Borthwick had also announced the same last season for Leicester, only for the club to backtrack on the stance towards the latter half of the season.
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/leicester-tigers-rugby-union-news-4738484

As NWW said, I agree with the fallacy of the privacy argument. Others have suggested it’s a “competitive tactic” but that seems somewhat redundant.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 12:39:28 PM »
As Borthwick alluded to ,could still be COVID problems out there. Possibly also mental issues along with sustained injuries that individual players may not wish to be discussed, along with any tactical gain.

Rather than give rise to speculation on individuals who fans/media are not given specific details about, a blanket ban covers all.

TheTameWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2021, 04:47:06 PM »
Guys don't try and use the website on a smart phone.

get the 'Coventry Live' app, and the adverts won't spoil your reading of Bobby Bridge.