Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bobby swots up  (Read 922 times)

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Bobby swots up
« on: September 23, 2021, 03:17:29 PM »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Bobby swots up
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 04:04:47 PM »
Regarding the 10 shirt, nobody has mentioned that Ali Crossdale, though he prefers 15, has played at 10 in the past. I am sure that he would put in a good shift if needed.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 07:01:16 PM »
Fair summary. I'd have thrown in two of the most dangerous wings in the league in being Bassett and Watson.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 12:13:43 AM »
Think that is overplaying it a tad when you look at the quality of wings elsewhere.
Bassett is a brilliant high quality operator when not flogged to death, but he is not the type of winger who produces something from nothing and his pace is not in the very top bracket. He is fast, but not leave you breathless fast. He is consistent and looks for work, very strong in the tackle, never lets anyone down and a fine player and top Wasp,  but the league has many quality operators. We have been blessed in that department in the premiership. Watson and Kiberige are both good options, and Watson has twinkle toes and pace, but he often has games that pass him by and neither of our wing options have great boots. Kiberige seemed mojo-less last year, as Watson has at times. Odogwu really does have something special, but may end up in the centre. We are well stocked, but not in the way the back row just looks to be ludicrously deep and full of quality, so I think it was fair to concentrate on those aspects.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:18:00 AM by westwaleswasp »

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 08:32:21 AM »
Assuming Alfie transitions there soon - there is little doubt we have the best group of hookers in the Premiership too.