Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 1918 times)

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2021, 09:47:12 AM »
Sorry to hear your news NWW. I have always enjoyed your match analysis - and local perspective - so I hope you can get to as many games as possible and your health improves.

I thought you were a decent salaried and superannuated teacher?

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2021, 09:55:46 AM »
Morning all,

I’m really looking forward to this one. I always wish the Summer away so I can get back to watching rugby and Wasps again.

Today’s match is difficult to call. I’m looking forward to our forwards tearing it up but not sure our three quarters have the cutting edge of recent years.

The Bristol scrum was poor last week and despite the inclusion of Yann Thomas and Dave I think our forwards will surprise them.

Too tight to call.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2021, 10:40:43 AM »

I was. School went academy. New Headteacher, new heads of departments. Serious budget cuts. Most of high paid teachers (like me) found themselves without a job or moved in to management. Some subjects cut from the curriculum (including mine). I officially left through ill health, with an NDA and a bag full of money. Not sure how many original teachers were left after the cull, but not many. But, TBF, the school 'results' have gone up, with a narrower curriculum and a more strict exclusion/transfer policy (the 'troubled' kids get transferred to a school that the academy run for such kids, a good thing I think) and lots of new buildings (right now they have started work on a new build arts centre, but I can see a new science block too.

Still battling to get my pension. Two years of not receiving it from Crapita, who run the teacher's pension scheme. Incompetence doesn't begin to describe them.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2021, 12:03:33 PM »

I was. School went academy. New Headteacher, new heads of departments. Serious budget cuts. Most of high paid teachers (like me) found themselves without a job or moved in to management. Some subjects cut from the curriculum (including mine). I officially left through ill health, with an NDA and a bag full of money. Not sure how many original teachers were left after the cull, but not many. But, TBF, the school 'results' have gone up, with a narrower curriculum and a more strict exclusion/transfer policy (the 'troubled' kids get transferred to a school that the academy run for such kids, a good thing I think) and lots of new buildings (right now they have started work on a new build arts centre, but I can see a new science block too.

Still battling to get my pension. Two years of not receiving it from Crapita, who run the teacher's pension scheme. Incompetence doesn't begin to describe them.

Hope you are back on your feet - with your pension and season ticket - soon.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 01:40:43 PM »

My sympathies, they are not the best. There are a lot of teachers around here, it seems ironic that we are simultaneously (a) considered to be in short supply and (b) the most expendable of employees, whist managers multiply like a virus.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 01:55:17 PM »
Morning all, or evening from me -  I am now out in Brunei and struggling to adjust to the time difference for sports - 10pm kick off here for me.

Hope we don’t have too many Friday night games as that’ll be 3am KO