Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 1819 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: September 25, 2021, 07:43:51 AM »
Oh yes!!! It feels so good to be saying this once more! And for the first time for our 2021/2022 season morning all from Guildford! The weather may be grey but my mood certainly is not. My new wasps shirt is adorned, coffee is on the go and the dog is impatiently awaiting our walk.

How good does it feel to know our lads will be running out at the CBS with us in black and gold cheering them on! Every season our league gets more competitive, there are no easy games, and certainly they do not come much easier than Pat Lambs Bristol who will be hurting from their defeat to Saracens on the opening night.
There are battles right across the board with this, Bristol like to play a fast, attack from anywhere game that we do. However it will be who controls the game in the tight and set piece first and foremost that will gain the edge. Kicking will also be scrutinised, far to often teams kick aimlessly, and it harms you when this occurs. Kicking is a wonderful weapon when deployed correctly, a 50/22 is useful, but a hard fought up n under or a kick that finds touch so the oppo always have to start playing from in their own half is far far better than kick tennis down the middle.
For me Bears have the edge, there are so many unknowns for us this year for me to sit comfortably in the hope we will win. However it is our opening game in our rugby stadium with us Waspies back. Throw that together and suddenly any result is possible.

So the moment I have been looking forward to all summer has come!

COME ON YOU WASPS!!!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 07:46:07 AM by Wombles »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 07:57:51 AM »
Good morning everyone.
I think Bris are marginal favourites due to this being our first game and them having played last week.
I would not be surprised if we did win, on paper our still depleted team looks as good as theirs.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 07:59:05 AM »
Read this somewhere before!

Morning all. Overcast here. Kind of sums up the mood for the long drive (and return) and the thought of live rugby. Gives myself shake. Wow Wasps live at last with a full crowd possible.

I think the game not played may come back and bite us and can't see Bristol turning up the same as last week.

Safe journey to all travellers and lets get off to a decent start lads.

COYW

No coffee shop so Tesco getting our business today if the roads are clear.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 08:07:49 AM »
What can I say other than glad to be back. Briz surely cannot play as poorly as they did last weekend? But, thanks to our bye, we are an unknown and how can you prepare for that? I'm really looking forward to seeing how our all new 2nd row go. ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2021, 08:17:46 AM »
Morning all! Turns out the week later start helps me in a sense, as I'd not have been able to watch a game last week! Hope it benefits the team though.

Can't wait to see how we go.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2021, 08:29:13 AM »
Can almost feel the excitement from here in mid Wales. Wasps top ironed and to be adorned shortly for the journey. Hope not to run into any tailbacks onto the road from queues for petrol/derv...the drive is long enough without hold ups, so hope for only the normal slowdowns from the acceptable agricultural traffic - sheep being herded, tractors etc. So looking forward to the game despite Bears being favourites. Will be in testing to see how the new signings fare.
Safe journey to all from an overcast Powys.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 08:35:26 AM »
Good morning everyone!!   What an excellent day - well, so far anyhow.  Trying back into match routine - scarf, black-and-yellow gear,  water, food, handbag,  etc etc.  Marvellous.  Overcast over here, but dry.  Can't forecast  the outcome as I think a  lot will depend on how well our team gel together.  Can't bring our usual  collection of family today so a rugby-savvy friend is joining us.  Bring back the magazine programmes.  Good luck team;  play well and enjoy the game.  Safe journeys to you all  wherever you may be. (It's been a while since I said that).  ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ.        C O Y W . . . . . .

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2021, 08:39:01 AM »
Morning all from a grey and overcast S Glos. Tea in hand and NZ v SA on TV.....oven on for cake baking - all domestic bliss here.

I'm hoping for a coherent performance. I do hope the front 5 have been using the extra time profitably and our backline has the pace and guile. But Briz will be super motivated and are probably slight favs.

Safe trip to all going. Will be there in spirit.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2021, 08:41:04 AM »
PS     My biggest problem is going to be putting names to new faces, and names to known faces with new hairstyles. Not to mention  new hair colours.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2021, 08:44:39 AM »
PS     My biggest problem is going to be putting names to new faces, and names to known faces with new hairstyles. Not to mention  new hair colours.

From my POV...they are lucky to have hair to style or colour..... :-)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2021, 09:09:25 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Got a few jobs to do before a dog walk and a coffee. A bit grey in Knowle, but warm enough and not raining.

Really looking forward to seeing how the team goes today. They have had a good amount of time to get organised and the reports suggest the new training facility is helping training to be a bit more precise. Here's hoping that means less injury and good results.

Here's to a great game between two exciting teams. Safe travels.

Come on you Wasps!

Notso

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 09:11:58 AM »
Seems weird not to be getting ready to go. No ST this year. Sorry Wasps, I don't have the money, nor the health. Time marches on.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 09:16:22 AM »
I've stopped marching  too Nelly. I  use a wheel chair for anything over 60  yards!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 09:19:27 AM »
Morning all. Overcast in Hertfordshire but forecast looks good for the match. Not really sure what to expect from Wasps today or this season. I think it won't be a match that'll pleases the defence coaches and I hope we're ahead when the final whistle goes.

Safe journey to everyone else going.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2021, 09:23:55 AM »
Sorry about that NWW. Health does come first (and second, third etc). Take care and maybe become an occasional visitor.
Let me tell you something cucumber